• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Find of the year

11 posts in this topic

WOW

What's up guy and girls. So my parents went to visit my grandmother for a couple weeks. Got back yesterday. Mom hands me a mason jar full of pennys. I go through them pulling the coppers, 99.9% are all commons. I got 2 wheeties, and about $1.50 in coppers. But about half way through i see a indian head. I think to my self cool but nothing special. Pick it up and it's a 1909. So there's a chance. Flip it over and there is a beautiful S at the bottom of the reverse. I just found a 1909 S indian in circulation. This happened about an hour ago and I still have goosebumps. And it will probably grade a 20-30. You can still see some of the liberty on the headband. Unbelievable. So just letting everybody know. There are still awesome coins in circulation and keep hunting.

See more journals by chunk-it

I love it I still go to the bank and get rolls of half dollars for the thrill of finding 1 1967 or even a 1964 90%er. And the 1964 (Minted for 3 years, 64, 65 and 66) maybe one of the highest mintage coins ever still gets my pulse going. David Lange recently wrote that many collectors loose interest their coin(s) after they purchase them, I think that is true for me. With due respect for Mr Lange, coins that I have "found" as opposed to bought always have a special value. A value to me that is far more than their Grey Sheet or Red book price. It is all about the hunt. And you just bagged a Lion. Way to go. Enjoy!

John