• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE ADDED - 1835 Bust Half

9 posts in this topic

(Pics by Bob Campbell)

on to number 3. GTG and if you'd like, the Overton variety number as well.

thanks for playing!

NGC GRADED VF30

I think it's a nice VF35 with a valid claim to XF40.

Again, crazy Wide range of guesses (here and ATS)! 4 out of 13 guessed correctly:

3x XF45

1x XF40/45

1x XF40

1x VF35, cleaned

4x VF30

1x VF25 dipped, or cleaned

1x VF20

1x F15 !!

Yoni_1835CBH_VF30_o4r3_zpsf3d0bd1f.jpg

fullsizeobv_zps313f114d.jpg

fullsizereverse_zps017b1177.jpg

VF 25 and I don't like the surfaces.

ouch! :cry:

just kidding.

the coin is actually graded higher than your guess, yet everyone i showed the coin to, thought it was a bit undergraded.. but I always like to hear more opinions and comments on my coins.

may I ask what you don't like about the surfaces?

just kidding.

the coin is actually graded higher than your guess, yet everyone i showed the coin to, thought it was a bit undergraded.. but I always like to hear more opinions and comments on my coins.

I graded it lower, because of the lack of detail on the obverse, unless this issue comes poorly struck, I wouldn't grade it out of the VF range, although 25 was probably a bit low and too conservative; I would not grade it higher than 35.

The surfaces look dipped or cleaned and re-toned and they appear dull and lifeless to me. This coin was by far my least favorite of your grouping.

My favorite was #3---the 1829, which was far more lustrous and original looking to me.

just kidding.

I graded it lower, because of the lack of detail on the obverse, unless this issue comes poorly struck, I wouldn't grade it out of the VF range, although 25 was probably a bit low and too conservative; I would not grade it higher than 35.

The surfaces look dipped or cleaned and re-toned and they appear dull and lifeless to me. This coin was by far my least favorite of your grouping.

My favorite was #3---the 1829, which was far more lustrous and original looking to me.

Understood..

I somewhat agree with you - the surfaces are not super attractive (at least on the obverse). The grade given to it by NGC is indeed in the range you mention here.

I'd say its also my least favorite in the group I posted here, but my favorite by far is the 1821.

Thanks again for the comments! I'll see if any other guesses come in, and reveal all grades tomorrow, along with my opinions on the grades