• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 American Eagle Reverse Proof no mint mark

14 posts in this topic

The mintmark of the 2011 Reverse proof eagles will be on the reverse. If there isn't one, sounds like a copy silver bullion piece to me.

I really doubt that you have a counterfeit. Who knows nowadays though. I'm thinking that seeings you have three of these that the odds of someone buffing them out to look like reverse proofs is not probable either. Who knows nowadays though. lol I think you need to look at the reverse to make sure the mintmark is not there. It will be located between the branches and the word "Fine" on the left side of the reverse. If still not there, then pictures will help to determine what you have.

Are you certain the coins you are thinking of are the Reverse Proofs? As stated before the mint mark shall be on the reverse side. Frightening enough, since these have a fairly strong value, I wouldn't doubt that there are fakes around.

Here's my 2011 RP with "P" Mint Mark highlighted:

149510.jpg.c69adf7596d5aa421272baa05da0935b.jpg

Howdy Ryan! How do you attach a picture to a post? I have the front and back pictures of the 2011 coin but can not figure out how you attach them?

You can upload your pictures on Photobucket.com, and then copy and paste the image link that you want to show the picture from photobucket to here.

Howdy Ryan! How do you attach a picture to a post? I have the front and back pictures of the 2011 coin but can not figure out how you attach them?

email me the photos. msg me your email. Ill post it for you.

The mintmark of the 2011 Reverse proof eagles will be on the reverse. If there isn't one, sounds like a copy silver bullion piece to me.
OR perhaps a "Reverse Proofed" standard bullion piece.

These seem to be popular with some distributers.

OR perhaps a "Reverse Proofed" standard bullion piece.

These seem to be popular with some distributers.

That's my thought....I once had one consigned to me and listed as a reverse proof only to be corrected by Ebay buyers. I had never seen one in hand so I just posted it based on the consignor telling me it was a reverse proof. The devices had a prism/hologram effect as opposed to the mirrored finish it should have had.

example:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG