• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan,Peace,WLH,Toners!PL3CS!NGC2.0!Doily!StuckThruCloth1c!NGC*

16 posts in this topic

Ok guys, not much time left, I meant to do this all week but couldn't. Im getting a divorce so all coins are going, help a brother out and bid high for me. I have 60 coins on consignment with Shane, I will post the link to the monster toned "bluegill" you can search the others from there. Here is a partial list of what's up for auction.

Toned morgan in PCGS Doily

NGC 2.0 holder morgans

Toned peace dollars

Toned morgans

Toned Walker

Struck thru cloth penny (awesome coin)

Cool chop marked trade dollar

Prooflike 3CS

NGC * war nickel for semi pl

John Hughey carved hobo coin "skull Rex"

Toned silver eagles

PCI toned silver eagles

http://m.ebay.com/itm/351118997451?nav=SEARCH

Thanks Nick

Oh c r a p! I have been waiting and save the money for that exactly coin for a year after I saw it on Eric Hazen's avatar. Eric told me that he sold it, and it probably will be in the market again someday. So I thought it will be my chance to grab it when I see it in market again.. but had to use that money for an emergency matter - dog's vet. Dang. :insane:

This is none of my business but that has never stopped anyone before. Wouldn't it make more sense NOT to sell your coins into a divorce? Especially toners where the value can be tucked away in much lower grey sheet listed prices and then valued lower for a buyout clause of some sort? Seems like changing them into cash throws in a lot more money into the pot to sort out. With so many coin collecting lawyers im sure there are plenty of tricks to come out on top.

That one Morgan in the link is awesome btw. Im not sure which other ones are yours but theres a bunch of nice ones on that list. Is the reverse toned walker yours? That should have been starred.

Mumu, yes it is. Very hard to see them go. If any members win some let me know, id like to know they are going to good homes!!

Nick

This is none of my business but that has never stopped anyone before. Wouldn't it make more sense NOT to sell your coins into a divorce? Especially toners where the value can be tucked away in much lower grey sheet listed prices and then valued lower for a buyout clause of some sort? Seems like changing them into cash throws in a lot more money into the pot to sort out. With so many coin collecting lawyers im sure there are plenty of tricks to come out on top.

Misrepresenting the value of a coin's true value is an excellent way to have a property settlement agreement voided or a final decree of divorce set aside by a judge. If discovered you would face contempt of court for lying in sworn discovery answers (which always go out in these type of cases and ask for an accurate valuation of assets), and he would likely be sanctioned and be forced to pay his wife's attorney's fees on top of losing the coins. He would then be paying his lawyer $300+ an hour to try to save him. Very poor move. And even when you think deceitful acts cannot be discovered, there is almost always evidence left behind that will surface. You will be surprised how rumors (that have basis in truth) can spread quickly and come back to your ex's attorney. I previously worked in the legal field and have seen it happen multiple times. It is not worth the risk IMHO.

Edited: I see the OP addressed my original few sentences - I only read the list of coins and viewed the link.

Misrepresenting the value of a coin's true value is an excellent way to have a property settlement agreement voided or a final decree of divorce set aside by a judge. If discovered you would face contempt of court for lying in sworn discovery answers (which always go out in these type of cases and ask for an accurate valuation of assets), and he would likely be sanctioned and be forced to pay his wife's attorney's fees on top of losing the coins. He would then be paying his lawyer $300+ an hour to try to save him. Very poor move. And even when you think deceitful acts cannot be discovered, there is almost always evidence left behind that will surface. You will be surprised how rumors (that have basis in truth) can spread quickly and come back to your ex's attorney. I previously worked in the legal field and have seen it happen multiple times. It is not worth the risk IMHO.

Edited: I see the OP addressed my original few sentences - I only read the list of coins and viewed the link.

I don't disagree with you, but we have a tough enough time valuing toners as coin collectors. Id like to see a lawyer or judge try. Certainly wouldn't have any trouble finding any experts blindly offering way below true value for them.

that pl 3CS should have actually been mine :( their had been an agreement for me to be able to buy it back but OP forgot and now someone else gets it :( enjoy it physics fan

I'm over it but this douses the flame I have for this hobby

Mk,

My life has been a wreck the last few months, most days i cant find my car thats parked in my garage. I replied to your pm and apologized. Im sorry if I ruined the hobby for you. If you can think of a way I can make ir right, pm me and I will do it.

Nick

If it makes you feel any better, I'm finding myself forced to bow out at $775. That is the max I feel its worth, and that's all the cash I have on hand. Prooflikes have exploded lately - I'm getting beaten at my own game.