• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1825 CBH FUN Summer Newp--What do you think?

14 posts in this topic

Lost out on several CBH s I bid on at FUN Summer Heritage Auction. I did manage to land this little lady. What do you think? Grade? Overton number?

8be62f5c-8715-44b8-bc3d-ba11af3e870c_zpsbdf1ded7.jpg

9fe0a509-3ab3-411e-b028-2ec5789d0dbf_zps2c839619.jpg

it could see a 61 holder.

I would guess that there is luster that we are not seeing and I was thinking 61 or 62. Nice!

it could see a 61 holder.

I would guess that there is luster that we are not seeing and I was thinking 61 or 62. Nice!

The TPGs are very forgiving on light rub and play it off as "cabinet friction" so it could end up in a mint state holder - you never really know.

Some very insightful comments. In hand, this CBH has nice remaining mint luster in the protected areas of the devices on both the Obverse and Reverse. There is light rub on the high areas of the devices and the fields show areas of diminished luster.

I think this little lady is graded perfectly at AU58.

1825OO-106a_zps90e46561.jpg

You folks have very good judgement. BTW, I have this CBH as O-106a. Actually an intermediate state of O-106a. The Reverse does have the die crack from the rim above I in AMERICA extending to top of A and base of 50 C. It does not have the crack from milling below left pair of leaves through UNITED.