• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New To coin collecting

5 posts in this topic

I am new to coin collecting

Hello everyone I just recently got some coins from my Deceased mother in law and I had to put all of the coins that she started in (19) banker boxes.

would love to hear your ideas on what i should do

thanks

Kevin Callaway

See more journals by Kevin Callaway42

Kevin,

I do plenty of raw coins!! It is really enjoyable to get a few top end museum quality Intercept Shield storage albums and fill them with the best of what you have. Once you get a nice set started move on to the next album and so on. Before you know it you will have a library of coins in full protection as long as the catalogs are stored in cool area!! :)

Have Fun!!! :)

Rick

Sort and see what you have. Buy you a book or do research online (I suggest the book. All the info is right at hand). You may find that you want to concentrate on a particular type of coin. If so you may want to entertain the idea of selling some of your collection to fund a particular set.

Take your time.

Focus on what you have.

Don't sell anything unless you feel comfortable that you know what it is.

Take your time...

Did I say take your time?