• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toner Market... for the toned coin lovers buyers/sellers

46 posts in this topic

I'd pay $4800 for that dollar before I paid that much for a Roosie lol

Nahh we all have out taste and priorities. What i learned is respect what people like.

I learned that recently.

Agree! Which is why I spoke up!

You said it to attack me like how u did and u still won't respond to your pm

I tried helping you! You thought I was attacking... Now I'll sit back and watch! Also, I know who won the Morgan. I'm sure he felt warm reading your initial post!

Nahh we all have out taste and priorities. What i learned is respect what people like.

I learned that recently.

I tried helping you! You thought I was attacking... Now I'll sit back and watch! Also, I know who won the Morgan. I'm sure he felt warm reading your initial post!

How did u try helping me? Explain please

I learned that recently.

@Curry

First of all, if you are going to waste your time writing stuff like that, try proof reading it, so you can have it make sense, and get your point across...

Second of all, and I can only speak for myself when I say this, but I am really sick of all your non-coin related, confrontational troll posts... If you are looking to troll, I can give you a few recommendations that will work out much better for you than this here forum my friend.... If you are not here to troll, may I remind you that this is a "COIN FORUM" for the discussion of coins and the like...

;)

You still didn't answer my pm. I'm waiting

I'm sure he felt warm reading your initial post!

Im taking this as sarcasm. My post was stating what i could do with 4800 bucks. Then u decided to say u rather buy a toned morgan than my roosevelt. So if anything you offended me. My post didnt offend anybody. My post did not state his was bad good etc. On the other hand your post was completely directed at me.

i just recently bought two (1884 o CH BU MORGAN COIN)

(1887 P Toned Rim CH BU Morgan coin)

but I am kinda confused does the toned make the coin more valuable or not?

the coins are out in the air and are not in a sealed case

should I spend the money and get them to NGC to get sealed and valued???

all inputs are greatly welcomed :)

Thanks

Kevin C

Yes, toning can increase the value of a coin quite dramatically. It depends on numerous factors. It might be easier for you to take a few photos of the coin(s) and post them to this thread or a new thread and ask for opinions from the members.

And welcome to the Boards. Dont mind the squabbling. Some people here have thinner skin than the Mylar in a 2x2 cardboard coin flip.

I haven't noticed a slow down in any of the toners I've either bid on or bought outright. The pricing seams just as strong if not stronger.

I must be looking in the wrong place. Please show me some links to these low priced toners.

I haven't noticed a slow down in any of the toners I've either bid on or bought outright. The pricing seams just as strong if not stronger.

I must be looking in the wrong place. Please show me some links to these low priced toners.

I would like the links too. You should PM them to Robec and myself so as to limit the competition. :sumo:

I could write a book on the current toned coin market...strengths...weakness, what's hot, what's not lol

That Kennedy I sold for $335 had colors that were anything but common for the series and I knew it would bring a strong price. I actually thought the other MS65 that sold for $73 was a bargain....I liked the color but it was more typical of Kennedy half toning which I think kept the price lower.

As has been stated many times in the past...the really spectacular toners still command large premiums.....perhaps not what they did 10 years ago due to some of the key players being out of the market but there are still enough collectors with deep pockets to run up the prices on the top shelf coins. The middle of the road toners which encompass probably 75% of what we see in the market place are highly volatile price wise and prices are all over the place. You can see the same coin sell 3 times and 3 months and the prices can swing as much as 30% up and down.

Kevin,

When taking a picture of a coin with the hopes people can properly grade it, you need to get a straight on shot. Like the picture I'm posting. Based on your picture, I think it would grade MS63 at best.

This was graded by PCGS at a MS64 DMPL

1881OMS64DMPL_zpse0250ad2.jpg

1881OMS64DMPLreverse_zpsc6733d62.jpg

Im not sure if thats a great example. Its a coin that is basically 2-3x sheet. I wouldnt call that much of a premium.

For the amount and quality of the toning, I would say that 2-3x is pretty large.

Did you read the thread about the coin ATS ?

Someone pegged it at $500. If that sold for $500 I would say that was extremely strong. Anything about $400 and I would say it was strong. I think $350 is the top range of reasonable on that coin. Thats not a personal opinion. I track pricing across numerous auctions very carefully on several different series. Buffs are one of them. Personally I wouldnt pay $350 though. I dont like the coin that much.

Here's another 38-D MS67 that went for $250+ Which I think is reasonable for the toning on that coin as well.

Link to HA auction...