• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: raw dimes, half dollars, and silver dollars - Prices Reduced

6 posts in this topic

I’m continuing the process of clearing out dead-ends within my collection. As a result I’ll be posting a number of coins here and across the street first before taking whatever doesn’t sell to feebay. All of these are raw, un-slabbed coins: dimes, half-dollars, and dollars. There are more to be added as I have time, but this is a good start. Thanks for looking!

T’s and C’s are at the bottom of the listing.

Dimes

1911-D Dime – Fine: $old

1926-D Dime - Very Fine: $old

1929 Dime – Extra Fine: $old

Half Dollars

1908-D Half Dollar – Very Good: $17.50 $15.50

‘L…..TY’ is visible in Liberty’s headband. Even color on both sides with strong and full rims.

1908-D Half Dollar Obverse

1908-D Half Dollar Reverse

1909 Half Dollar – Very Good: $16.00 On Hold

‘LI….TY’ is visible in Liberty’s headband. Even color on both sides with strong and full rims. Several tiny scratches on both sides, not visible without a glass…at least, to me.

1909 Half Dollar Obverse

1909 Half Dollar Reverse

1910-S Half Dollar – Very Good: $19.00 On Hold

‘L....TY’ is visible in Liberty’s headband. Several vertical scratches are present on the obverse that cross Liberty. Even color exists on both sides with strong and full rims. While the mint-mark is faint, it is present and most visible when the coin is tilted.

1910-S Half Dollar Obverse

1910-S Half Dollar Reverse

3 Half Dollars: 1918, 1918-D, 1918-S – All in AG to Good – sold as one: $38.00 $34.00

The rims are weak on all 3 coins and most of the details are washed away with time and years of circulation, but the mintmarks are strong. There are several rim dings on the ‘S’ mint example.

1918 Half Dollar Obverse

1918 Half Dollar Reverse

1918-D Half Dollar Obverse

1918-D Half Dollar Reverse

1918-S Half Dollar Obverse

1918-S Half Dollar Reverse

1953 Proof Half Dollar – $160.00 $145.00

This half has peripheral toning on both sides that show a very nice color progression – sadly, this barely comes through in the images. No hairlines on either side and no hint of cameo frost either.

1953 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1953 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1957 Proof Half Dollar – $21.00 $18.50

Toning has begun on both sides but is more prevalent on the reverse and is largely a scattered collection on toning dots. There are several small marks on the obverse and none on the reverse. There are several small watermarks (?) that show up in the obverse image which look far worse than they do with the coin in hand. A light amount of cameo frost is present on the obverse.

1957 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1957 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1958 Proof Half Dollar – $26.00 $23.00

No marks on either side with widely scattered toning. The images make the coin look hazy but that’s from the lighting and scattered toning as there is no haze on either side.

1958 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1958 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1959 Proof Half Dollar – $22.00 $20.00

There are a number of very small and faint hairlines to the right of Franklin that the image presents as haze – these not present to the eye and only visible with a glass when the coin is deeply tilted. Other than that there are no marks on either side. The obverse does present a faint level of cameo frost on the devices.

1959 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1959 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1960 Proof Half Dollar – $20.00 $18.00

There are several tiny marks on Franklin and no toning on either side. The image shows a splotch in Franklin’s hair that in hand shows as a darker area.

1960 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1960 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1961 Proof Half Dollar – $23.00 $21.00

This half shows no marks or toning on either side. The Liberty Bell does possess a fair amount of cameo frosting.

1961 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1961 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1962 Proof Half Dollar – $22.00 $20.00

There is a mark in the field beneath ‘UNITED’ on the reverse but none on the obverse. Nice cameo frosting on both sides but it’s insufficient to warrant the designation.

1962 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1962 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

1963 Proof Half Dollar – $22.00 $20.00

Peripheral toning has begun on the obverse. There are no marks on either side.

1963 Proof Half Dollar Obverse

1963 Proof Half Dollar Reverse

Silver Dollars

1881 AU Morgan Dollar: $42.00 On Hold

There is a contact mark below Liberty’s eye and a number of smaller contact marks in the fields on both sides. The very highest spots show the faintest traces of wear making this coin a top-end AU58.

1881 Morgan Dollar Obverse

1881 Morgan Dollar Reverse

1882 AU Morgan Dollar: $40.00 On Hold

There is a mark in the point of Liberty’s chin and several smaller contact marks in the fields on both sides. The highest spots show wear, especially in Liberty’s hair to limit this dollar to a mid-grade AU55

1882 Morgan Dollar Obverse

1882 Morgan Dollar Reverse

1886 AU Morgan Dollar: $38.00 $35.00

There are several contact marks on Liberty’s cheek and one on the eagle’s lower body, but the fields on both sides are very clean. The highest spots show the some rub putting this dollar around AU55.

1886 Morgan Dollar Obverse

1886 Morgan Dollar Reverse

1900-O AU Morgan Dollar: $33.00 $31.00

There are several marks in Liberty’s cheek, a mark in the hairline, and several small ones in the reverse fields. You can see the dark toning around the devices and lettering on both sides and there is definite rub in the high spots that make this an AU50 at best.

1900-O Morgan Dollar Obverse

1900-O Morgan Dollar Reverse

1921 AU+ Morgan Dollar: $38.00 $35.00

This dollar has several small marks in Liberty’s cheek near the neck juncture and the normal amount of marks you’d expect on a silver dollar. While it is very close to BU, there is just enough flattening of the highest spots for this one to be an AU58.

1921 Morgan Dollar Obverse

1921 Morgan Dollar Reverse

T’s & C’s

You have 14 days to return anything you purchase from me, no questions asked – but you pay the return shipping.

I’ll accept a check from you if we’ve done business in the past, otherwise I’ll accept US Post Office Money Orders, or Paypal + 3% of the purchase price to cover the juice.

Purchases under $35 total will need to include $2.00 to cover shipping costs. If you purchase over $35 then shipping costs are on me. Purchase over $100 and shipping + insurance is on me.

While the images are reasonable representations of the coins, I struggle with lighting and toning is always such a challenge to accurately capture. So my descriptions are an attempt to fill in the blanks and tell you what the coins look like in hand. If you have questions let me know.

All reasonable offers will be considered and bundling several coins together will make it easier to come to a mutually agreed upon price point.