• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1776 Fugio?

10 posts in this topic

You mean it's not a fantasy strike? :baiting:

lol

:grin:

I see a DC on there I think. hm

I guess it is okay because it is struck on a base metal that wasn't used on the real thing (much like the argument about dates for the 1975 quarters and 1964-D/1965 Peace Dollars). Feel free to throw your hard earned dollars at it.... :grin:

Wow!

They took that down quick or possibly the seller did.

Mark, you must have bukoo clout! ;)

i got like 5 of these already i usually leave them in parking lots

in fact a new coin club member brought one in last year after his father died and he thought he had quite a find but he was none too pleased when i told him it was an ugly junque copy worth maybe 89c

these always seem to turn up over and over and dreams are dashed, hopes broken and somebody usually gets screwed

Mark,

If this was to be genuine --- wiith all the pit marks involved would it in fact get environmental damage ???

I have looked at many with these pits from 1800 to 1830 and wondered if they would actually grade. I know the presses back then did not have the stregnth to make a nice strike so --- just wondering what your thoughts were ???

Rick

If it was real ad the pits were from a weak strike that didn't wipe them out they would grade it. If the pits were from environmetal damage they wouldn't. And they did have presses back then capable of sharply striking these coins especially on the softer pewter alloy.