• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1947 PDS Washingtons for the Dansco.

9 posts in this topic

Here are the 1947 PDS coins for my toner Washington 1940 - 1964 Dansco set. This is meant to be a fun inexpensive project, so I'm looking for nice but not killer (expensive) coins for the date/mm. IMO the P mint here could have been in a mint set, and then was at some point in a roll, hence the reverse linear features. The D was most likely in an envelope, and the S was most likely in an album. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1947_rWAo3_zps1a12caf8.jpg

bc1947_rWAr5_zps855b41aa.jpg

bc1947D_rWAo2_zps4c25fd59.jpg

bc1947D_rWAr5_zps70a26f0a.jpg

bc1947S_rWAo6_zpse389807f.jpg

bc1947S_rWAr1_zps6cc6fe86.jpg

Very nice examples - better than a lot in expensive plastic holders!

What's on the eagle's wing on the S?

Very nice examples - better than a lot in expensive plastic holders!

What's on the eagle's wing on the S?

Thank you for your kind comments everybody!

What area of the wing are you talking about? In hand the wing looks fine with minor nicks etc.

Nice! I wish I could find those so I could finish off my Dansco set...which was been stalled for 15 years now. lol

jom

You can do it Jom! How many slots do you need to fill? I'm just trying to fill the 1940 - 1964 slots, so that leaves out most of the most expensive date/mm. Right now I'm averaging less than $19 a coin for the set.

Eagle's right, viewer's left. Triangle shape.

Aaaaah! OK.

I just looked at it under full lighting with a 7 X loupe. It is predominantly, although not entirely, an optical illusion. Let's say the triangle has, from OUR VIEWPOINT, a lower left side, a lower right side, and a top side. The lower left side is actually the continuation of the bottom set of wing feathers. The lower right side is actually a toning mark of some kind (it actually extends about the same amount down the crevice between the two wing feathers, but you can't see it in the image). The top side is actually a very faint scratch that has been highlighted by the angle of the lighting on the coin.

You can do it Jom! How many slots do you need to fill? I'm just trying to fill the 1940 - 1964 slots, so that leaves out most of the most expensive date/mm. Right now I'm averaging less than $19 a coin for the set.

I think I have a few I need in the early 40s....however....most of what I need are before that. So it gets expensive considering Washington quarters are not on the top of my list. I should have finished this set back in the 90s before the state quarter boom.

jom