• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever go thru old records and get depressed ?

8 posts in this topic

Have you ever looked back at coins you sold off and gotten depressed that 1) they are gone and 2) how much more they are worth today ?

Went thru some old records yesterday and realized how many really nice toned Peace $ Ive sold off for such little money about 10yrs ago - before the market for them got really hot...

:makepoint:

How I wish I had those coins back... oh well...

When the market for toned Peace dollar crashes, go back through your records again and be thankful of what you got for them then. It's a cycle.

A few, but the one I really regretted, a 1795 large cent in MS-60, S-76-b, I replaced with a better piece. The trouble is the replacement cost me more than ten times what I got for the first coin. :sick:(shrug)

When the market for toned Peace dollar crashes, go back through your records again and be thankful of what you got for them then. It's a cycle.

Even if it crashes it wont be as little as I sold them for 10 yrs ago. By the way, when will the cycle end ? Ive literally only seen a run up in prices since then. I havent seen a crash or even a pull back. Where's the cycle and how long with it last ?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Yeah....I found a first edition Elvis record - but scuffed up from use....Now if it had been mint condition.....

Sold a semi-key Morgan in an OGH 63 for 425 that I bought 10-15 years ago for 150 bucks. I still miss that coin despite selling it for almost 3 times what I paid for it. :frustrated: Big mistake.

No. If I sold an item, there was a reason for it. Either I no longer wanted it for whatever reason, sold it to buy another piece, or I needed the money for something else very important. I have no regrets about selling anything (only a couple of regrets of things that I have purchased in the past ;) ).

Edited: But then again, I have never sold anything that I couldn't replace. After seeing some of the other posts (like Bill Jones's), I might experience regret under those circumstances if I had sold the item to purchase other coins.