• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest additions- They're MODERNS!

8 posts in this topic

I just got these today, including the 2003-D cent, my first 2003 coin in circulation! The Kennedy is really nice, I actually like the design struck in silver, looks so nice. The quarter is pretty nice too, very shiny! See, I really do like some modern coins, I just approach my collecting of them a little differently. They will find a nice home in one of my albums.

modern1.jpg

modern2.jpg

That's odd Joe, I get 02s all the time, in fact I have about a half roll of 2002-D cents on my desk right now. The only coins I don't see a lot of are halves and sacs. I just got my first 2001 sac a month or two ago, and I have only found 2000 halves in circulation (though they come, it just takes 2 or 3 years). I paid too much for that Kennedy, about $3, but the quarter was only $1 (so I bought ten of them).

Nice coins Jeff! Last year, I picked up a couple of excellently toned 64/64-D Kennedies and submitted them to NGC. I paid $3.95 for the pair in a special commemorative plastic box with nice sulphur-laden cardboard! They came back both graded MS66!!!! It's a GREAT pair.

I also get a lot of 2002 cents, but I have not gotten a single half dollar in change in a long time - onec last year and it shocked me!

Hoot

I rarely see 2002 nickels at this point. They are always the last coins to be seen around here. Usually the cents show up about the same time as the first state quarters. In Dallas, I see the first SQ of the year about the time that the second one for the year is released. Dimes I start seeing in summer, and nickels, if at all, late fall.

very nice! I like the color thats starting to show on the rev of the half! smile.gif I havent seen any 2003 coins yet (besides SQ's) and very rarely see 2002 coins except cents.

This thread reminds me that I have to finish putting some coins into albums this weekend grin.gif

Around the northwest, you hardly ever see P mint coins for one, but the dates seem really easy. For cents it's usually January or February, nickels and dimes in March, quarters, with the SQs all year round. Lately though the SQs have been erratic, I personally have not seen a MS in circulation, but one of my cowokers found one (and that's the only one I've heard of), and just this past weekend another coworker got 2 IL quarters from the ferry (the ferries here always seem to give new SQs and $2 bills as change). Halves are interesting, you almost never get them in change, but since I ususally go through them in the hunt for silver, I see what's out there sitting in the bank vaults. In fact I may do that again this weekend, though the last few searches were disappointing.