• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japan sets

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to doing registry sets, partly because my primary interest has been Japanese coins, and I've been more of a 'type-set' kind of person. However the sets you have been adding are fun.

My question is regarding the 1 sen set just added. I'm not sure I understand the rationale for choosing the years included. The rice stalk/rising sen type (JNDA 01-47) runs from 1898-1902 under the Meiji reign and 1913-1915 under the Taisho reign.

I would have expected either a single set for the type, or two sets for the type, one for each Emperor (like the double phoenix 50 sen sets, JNDA 01-17). Either way, I was wondering If the current 1 sen set might be expanded to include the full span under Meiji, with or without the Taisho era dates.

Also, any thoughts on a 2 sen set? Or a currently circulating set? Or the 1/2 sen, 5 rin, etc? I'm working on a custom type set (based on the Dansco album rather than JNDA numbers, and not delving into varieties just yet...), but the date sets are beginning to get more appealing too.

Thanks for the new sets, especially the 50 sen--my favorite.

Edited because I can't write well on my tablet :eyeroll::blush:

• Administrator

Thanks for the inquiry, Stork.

We have just released this set: Japan: Sen, 1913-1915, Circulation Issue

We also added the 1901 and 1902 slots to the other Sen set. If you would send me certification numbers to my email at: aemery@ngccoin.com, then we can look into creating the other sets. Thanks very much.