• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Dolphin

6 posts in this topic

I like the coin. Simple beauty. The dolphin and the wheat stalk for a tribute to land and sea? Surf and turf? Is the C IX for Charles the 9th? confused-smiley-013.gif What's the size or is it scaled roughly to the label? Are the colors more intense in person?

Hoot

That coin looks very familiar, I am the seller (shipped yesterday). smile.gif

CIX is Christian the Ninth, King of Denmark, and it is 16mm in diameter. The picture is pretty accurate when it comes to the colors.

Dolphins are common on Danish coins - not sure why.

-JamminJ

Are you the buyer? That coin sold cheap. I put in a low watcher bid. This is the type of coin that would sell for $50 to the right buyer.

thx much Jammin,

that auction was a piece of work,

pictures, timing, text and the whole set up....

just perfect. and so much fun...

actually i found it in the last minute when the irish coins where up.

and pretty quick i stoped looking at the values and was bidding just for the excitment of it yay.gif

I wish NGC would have affordable rate or diff devision for world small ticket coins,

so this type of auctions could become a standard.

gossip.gif Im not sure which i enjoyed more.... your auction or the sex after angel.gif

I'm glad you liked the auction, I've been honing my technique over the past few months.

I added the coin diameter after realizing that making the coin as large as possible removed the proportionality with the label. I added the composition after receiveing a few questions in that regard from potential bidders. I always include the catalog value for those that may not have one handy and to encourage last minute bids on stuff going cheap.

Unfortunately, with NGC's world economy tier now up to $14/coin I'll be sending in and selling in fewer inexpensive coins and fewer coins overall. When the next price bump hits I'll switch entirely to ANACS (assuming they stay at $10/coin).

gossip.gif Im not sure which i enjoyed more.... your auction or the sex after angel.gif

That comment has left me speechless. tongue.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifcool.gif

-JamminJ