• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of cleaned coins...

17 posts in this topic

Thanks TJ. It would have been better without the hairlines (or at least a mention of them), though.

Looks a little better than the first coin in this thread! Are you working on a Panama type set or something?

I see the original thread was from May - that means you must have had to dig into at least the second page to bring it back up!

-JamminJ

I see the original thread was from May - that means you must have had to dig into at least the second page to bring it back up!

-JamminJ

893scratchchin-thumb.gif lysdexic Jammin?

It's part of my US made foreign set. A little upgrade from the one I had. Much nicer luster which doesn't show that well in the pic.

It's part of my US made foreign set. A little upgrade from the one I had. Much nicer luster which doesn't show that well in the pic.

I wish I had known that you were looking for one of these. I have a nice NGC MS65 sitting here. Blast white with nice luster. cloud9.gif

I wish I had known that you were looking for one of these. I have a nice NGC MS65 sitting here. Blast white with nice luster. cloud9.gif

Is there any nice world coin you don't have sitting there in an NGC MS6x holder? 893whatthe.gif

Except, of coarse, the wonderful 1977 Tonga rectangle coin. poke2.gif

-JamminJ

I'd consider buying one of those if it was slabbed... smirk.gif

I wasn't really looking for one, Greg. It was on a list for less than $20 and described as "beautifully toned", so I took a chance on it. The color wasn't as nice as I had hoped, but it's still a decent coin.

Do you want a list of what I'm looking for?

Is there any nice world coin you don't have sitting there in an NGC MS6x holder? 893whatthe.gif

yeahok.gif For those that won't understand the inside joke, James & I usually spend long hours together at shops and shows buying gem foreign. It seems that no matter what coin James finds, he'll always show it to me and say "what do you think of it?". My reply seemingly is always "It's ... I've got one of those in MS6X waiting to be sold". It doesn't matter how rare the coin is, I always seem to have one in a better grade waiting for sale. Either that or I recently sold one.

Yep. I've got about 600-700 slabbed gem foreign waiting to be sold and another 400 waiting to be graded. If I don't have it right now, I look thru enough coins at shops and shows that I'll probably run across one while searching.

If I don't have it right now, I look thru enough coins at shops and shows that I'll probably run across one while searching.

Well just let me know then Greg when you're ready to sell those salut d'ors and lion d'ors you've got laying around takeit.gif

Yep. I've got about 600-700 slabbed gem foreign waiting to be sold and another 400 waiting to be graded. If I don't have it right now, I look thru enough coins at shops and shows that I'll probably run across one while searching.

email sent. The 1902 Colombia 50c and the 1929 Nicaragua 50c are my number 1 and 2 most wanted.

When are you going to do this? I keep checkin' you out on eBay and I nearly always miss your auctions. sumo.gif

Hoot

When are you going to do this? I keep checkin' you out on eBay and I nearly always miss your auctions. sumo.gif

I'm so swamped with non-coin things to do that I haven't had much time to run auctions. My next batch of auctions will likely be on January 9th and that should be a small batch (~30) stuff priced under $35. I won't start selling more expensive stuff until I see that eBay has picked up again - probably mid to late January.

I'll try to remember to put a link in my sig next time I run the auctions. Until then, let me know if you are interested in anything particular.