• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I had fun imaging these coins!

14 posts in this topic

A new customer shipped 10 coins to me last week for imaging(5 Great Britain Maundies, 1P-4P, and the other 5 were pre-1700 England Penny-4P coins)and I got them in the mail yesterday. When we were talking about the coins, he said that a few of them were very small, but I did not realize just how small these coins are! This was my first venture into imaging coins this small and these were some of my first world coins to image as well. It was a wonderful challenge with varying difficulty but I think I pulled it off! I was happy with the images and so was my customer(which is by far the most important part!). Here are some highlights from the group. Let me know what you all think!

1928 G. Britain 2P Maundy

NGC MS66

IMG_0282_zps372fee08.jpg

IMG_0287_zps1d3d9b41.jpg

1928 G. Britain 3P Maundy

NGC MS66

IMG_0291_zpsa3ab031f.jpg

IMG_0296_zps41a9c73c.jpg

1928 G. Britain 4P Maundy

NGC MS66

IMG_0300_zpsf2843cb1.jpg

IMG_0305_zps8c5a9543.jpg

1689 England 4P ESC-1865

NGC AU58

IMG_0329_zpse1afa1b9.jpg

IMG_0333_zpsc5f3c47d.jpg

Those are some very nice coins and your images are outstanding!

You just keep getting better and better. Nice work.

Great images. Can you post a picture of the slab so we can see the size of the coin?

The 1 penny maundy is the smallest of the bunch (though not pictured). The diameters of the Maundy pieces is:

Penny: 11 mm

2 pence: 13 mm

3 pence: 16 mm

4 pence: 18 mm

For frame of reference, the Roosevelt dime is 17.9 mm diameter. A seated liberty half dime is 15.9 mm.

See image below:

Maundy_penny_size_comparison_picture_zpsb5b8d19d.jpg

I agree your images are improving, they have always been good but these ones look great! Especially considering the size, good job!

Nick

Thanks for the compliments everyone! And thanks to Brandon for posting the comparison image for the 1P Maundy. It really shows just how small this coin is compared to the others. This little guy was quite a challenge too! Here is the full holder image of the 1928 1P Maundy followed by the detailed Obverse/Reverse Images.

19281PFullSlabObverse_zps4c8e5dab.jpg

19281PObverse_zps081bc407.jpg

19281PReverse_zps6a8e91ee.jpg

It is a shame that the ugly white prongs interfere with such an attractive coin's presentation. I wish NGC would reconsider the white plastic.