• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Least Valuable NGC Certified Coin (Non-'Details' Only)...

8 posts in this topic

... and tell us the story of how/why you 'made' or acquired it.

No 'Details' graded coins, please.

Value your coins using our host's Price Guide .

Here's mine:

1919SLincolnNGCVG8BN703233-024Obv.jpg

1919-S Lincoln Cent NGC VG-8 BN

Current Value: 37 cents (up from 35 cents in July of 2013).

Acquired for the scarce slab type. No idea why someone sent it in for grading, unless they had poor eyesight and mistook it for a 1909-S.

I buy a lot of slabbed Roosevelts in lots and end up with coins like this:

qzou3m.jpg

NGC price guide = $11.25

Typically, I'll either try to resell coins like this or, probably more often, just use them as a free bonus for buyers who purchase higher priced coins.

... and tell us the story of how/why you 'made' or acquired it.

No 'Details' graded coins, please.

Value your coins using our host's Price Guide .

Here's mine:

1919SLincolnNGCVG8BN703233-024Obv.jpg

1919-S Lincoln Cent NGC VG-8 BN

Current Value: 37 cents (up from 35 cents in July of 2013).

Acquired for the scarce slab type. No idea why someone sent it in for grading, unless they had poor eyesight and mistook it for a 1909-S.

lol, how much did you paid for it?

Mine isn't a really cheap coin but it is VERY cheap in a relative sense.

I bought this one on Collectors Corner (first time purchase) for 220. I thought it was an outstanding deal given the strike, luster and toning.

I once saw a 65 with color offered for 500---this one is a 66!

Getting away from the early dates is such a pleasure as you can find some beautiful, quality material for very little money!!

bcfc7f85-d905-419b-a4c1-6d9eb2c127ca_zpsa010212d.jpg

e9a72a7c-b724-441d-bf8f-4b1e338d261f_zps068829a5.jpg

This is mine......

1989_zps5e064428.jpg

1989-R_zpse11b014a.jpg

The story? I found this one in my pocket change in '89. I THOUGHT I saw doubling on the reverse (hard to see in the pics), so had it submitted thinking I found a new variety. I got it back with a note attached stating something along the lines "the doubling seen on the reverse is due to worn dies". So, I still have it as an educational piece, and to remind me to make sure what I have is worth submitting. Today's value as per NGC, $0.69!!!!!! :grin:

This is mine......

1989_zps5e064428.jpg

1989-R_zpse11b014a.jpg

The story? I found this one in my pocket change in '89. I THOUGHT I saw doubling on the reverse (hard to see in the pics), so had it submitted thinking I found a new variety. I got it back with a note attached stating something along the lines "the doubling seen on the reverse is due to worn dies". So, I still have it as an educational piece, and to remind me to make sure what I have is worth submitting. Today's value as per NGC, $0.69!!!!!! :grin:

Cool and funny

I once found a 1980 1 DDO and thought it was machine doubled and through it in a jar with other machine doubles.

Luckily I found a post about the 80 ddo and dug it back out. It was a pretty cool cent although circulated and enviormentally damaged.