• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1818 O-109 CBH

12 posts in this topic

Another flea market pick-up. I think I found a honey hole with this old racist of a man. He refuses to show his "good stuff" to anyone (I don't think that helps with sales) and is very reasonable with prices. He claims he has a Gobrecht dollar, but I'm not sure if that's the truth or the alcohol. Good for him if he does.

This one is in an ANACS holder that specifies Overton-109 (its problem free, as well). It has some nice luster left on the reverse - specifically, around the rim and hugging the protected areas around "United States of America." I'll reveal what they graded the coin on Sunday.

Please, feel free to insult my picture taking abilities. Maybe I'll finally break down and get Mark Goodman's book and a decent camera.

1818cbh_zps9096f882.jpg

photo2_zps1ebd3f24.jpg

1818cbhrev_zpsc13bbe44.jpg

1818cbhrev2_zpsdceb7946.jpg

Thank you!

Tyler

AU58

Another flea market pick-up. I think I found a honey hole with this old racist of a man. He refuses to show his "good stuff" to anyone (I don't think that helps with sales) and is very reasonable with prices. He claims he has a Gobrecht dollar, but I'm not sure if that's the truth or the alcohol. Good for him if he does.

One would wonder what caused you to combine so much negative with positives when describing this guy?

???

Well, as you stated, your pictures are not very good.

I'd say 53/55 if it would cross to NGC. ANACS yellow label might have it at 58.

I say "if" it would cross because it looks like there may be some hairlines, obverse in particular, which would put it at AU Details.

My opinion could change with better images.

It has the wear of an AU58. The pictures do not show any luster, so there is no way to determine which AU grade it actually is from the pictures. Your description of only luster in protected areas would indicate no better than AU50. If it was quietly net graded for old cleaning, etc, it could be graded XF45.

ANACS called it EF45. Very well done, coinman1794. There are a few hairlines in the right obverse field. I'm not too worried about the hairlines as this one will plug a hole in my CBH Dansco. Thanks for sparing your grades!

photo1_zps4a81b003.jpg

photo2_zpsdde8c927.jpg

Tyler

Looks like it doesn't have the luster to make AU...

Still looks decent enough