• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold bullion inquiries - Open for details!

5 posts in this topic

My Dad is wanting to start investing in physical gold. Since I have been collecting coins and holding gold/silver bullion myself, he thought I would be able to help him get started(his words, not mine!) with his investing needs. I told him I would check with the good folks here to see what kind of offers he could get and that maybe this could turn into a regular thing. I told him the best route to go would be just gold bullion such as the gold American Eagles or normal 1 ounce bars. For right now though, he wants to "test the waters" to see what kind of offers he can get. I suggested that he purchase from APMEX, Provident Metals or one of the bullion suppliers but after seeing how high some of the premiums are, I think he wants to stay as close to spot as he can get.

So if you have any suggestions, or are able to make some offers, let me know and I will run it by him to see what he thinks. Please reply by PM.

Thanks in advance and we appreciate the help.

Has your dad considered the gold ETFs? Like GLD.

Personally, I like holding the physical metal. But if I had a very large chuck of money to invest into gold, I would definitely consider the ETFs. They can be a little cheaper for investment.