• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone help: Should I have this graded? Auctioned?

8 posts in this topic

Could someone help me decide if I should sen dthis to PCGS. Below is their image of an MS 65.

4a9178fa838394a7c008a7e95ab721655b052e6c.jpg

Mine of course has no color like this one, but it is very nice.

Anyone help with what they think it would grade at? I would appreciate any info.

907e9eb0d2632ea445905fff8e64c5a383d83ae0.jpg

I tried different lighting but these are the best pics I could get and honestly don't do the coin any justice.

Thanks. I did not clean it but you can tell the previous owner did? So, if it were graded, this would be taken into account?

It appears that some previous owner of the coin cleaned it. If you had the coin graded, the cleaning would be noted by the grading company. Also, the cost of grading and postage would probably exceed the value of the coin.

One other thing is that your sig indicates you're new to this and you are buying from estate sales and Craigslist. This is a sure-fire recipe not only for getting stuck with problem coins like this one, but also counterfeits that are worth exactly $0.