• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1943-S Steel 1C - UPDATED WITH NEW PICS! PAGE 2

what would it look like in hand?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. what would it look like in hand?

14 posts in this topic

just won this coin in an online auction.

obviously I don't have the coin in hand yet, so i'm going by the seller's pics as well, and have no in-hand advantage over anyone in guessing.. what would this coin look like, in-hand?

I will update the thread when i get the coin in hand, of course.

any and all opinions and comments are welcome,

thanks!

1943s-00-119q-o_zps1a4d246e.jpg1943s-00-119q-r_zps90031f81.jpg

1943s-00-119q-ocu_zpsc22a6c26.jpg1943s-00-119q-rcu_zps6f52908e.jpg

Either those are very poor images by which to make a determination or the coin is extremely unusual looking. My guess is the former, not the latter.

Thanks Mark,

My initial reaction exactly.

But, the seller has 3 other steel cents for sale at the moment (2 of them of the same grade as this one), and none of the others look like this. Also some other coins he's selling, with pics that look just fine.

Either those are very poor images by which to make a determination or the coin is extremely unusual looking.

It looks like the fields have been smoothed out post production. It just looks plain weird.

i agree the close up pics look weird. the full slab pics are probably a little better to judge by..

in any case, the coin is currently in a problem free PCGS holder, straight grade (they don't designate PL on anything other than Morgans).

waiting to get it in the mail :wishluck: hopefully before the weekend

any update?

Sorry, I forgot about this thread!

i got the coin. in hand, it does have some PL qualities (the reverse more so that the obverse), and both sides have some heavy die polishing lines on them, but it does NOT look like the pics suggested.

it is graded PCGS MS66, and i did like the coin, so I'm keeping it.

I'll try to post better pics when i can.

thanks everyone for your comments!

just thought I'd upload some new (much better) pics of this coin.

i have since replaced this one with another example and sold it off, but just for fun - here are pics that represent what it looked like the best (first pics in the thread were seller's pics and were not great)

2_zpse44b169e.jpg

1_zpsdd2fdaf0.jpg

i have since replaced this one with another example and sold it off, . . .

And I am quite pleased to have picked it up (worship)

(thumbs u