• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1942 Walker

10 posts in this topic

Grading this from the picture is hard because the coin has a dull, cloudy appearance. That could be an improper dip with residue, an improper dip that has damaged the surfaces or a light layer of re-toning. At any rate the coin falls in the AU to low in Unc. range, and would not be considered choice because of the dullness. Just how bad the dullness is would take a personal examination.

Thanks, some of the cloudy appearance I think is my lighting. I might try a different setup. I have maybe 75 raw Walkers I have had for some time. This one is typical of them. I am trying to decide what to do with them.

Ms Liberty's left breast and the upper feathers on the eagle appear to have some rub. As stated this coin exhibits zero luster because of it's cloudy, flat appearance.

If you give it an acetone bath followed by a warm water rinse what we see may go away, restoring the coin to a consistent brightness. If that doesn't work, the coin is probably terminal.

I'm concerned that if you have many others that look the same, something with storage might be a factor. Time to find out what you have.

Let us know.