• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned 1921 Peace $ Grade ?

6 posts in this topic

Oh how I wish this coin was MS... but it probably wouldnt have this color. Looks album toned to me...

Anyone want to offer a guess at a grade ? I cant grade 21s to save my life...

Thanks...

image.jpg

57_1.jpg

I would grade it VF-25. The color is probably from an album although someone might have dipped it a long time ago, and the color "turned out right."

I agree with Bill. Reminds me of the color of coins that spent years in a "Library of Coins" album. I suspect it was scrubbed before going in the album -- not just dipped.

I thought 25 details right away too, though while more wear, it has less hairlines than the 58 I posted that everyone said I was crazy about so maybe it grades. Great color.

I dont think I will be getting it graded... Kinda pointless but I will put it into a nice Capitol Plastics silver dollar holder...

Its definitely been clean/dipped and retoned. But its got cool color for a 1921...

I would love to find a MS60-64 with the same color... in 15 yrs I have never seen one.

I thought it would be 20-30 so I guess 25 is cool. Thanks guys.