• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1/2 oz. Gold First Spouse posted by Six Mile Rick

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Of the group that I have. I like the look of this one!!

Friends,

I don't have the full set of first spouse gold coins. Of the ones I do have I like the look of the Mint State coins more than the Proof coins. This Jefferson pic here with the wavy hair and the soft texture flow seems to look the best out of the group I have even though it is not the rarest.

Enjoy---Rick

15423.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Hunter,

I get to enjoy them for 30 days and then they will return to owner if not sold. There are some nice coins in there but I personally do not collect gold coins. A bit over my budget!! :) The First Spouse gold and Double Eagles (on my page) could be traded if someone has some nice Morgans or Walkers that are wanted for his set!! :grin:

Rick

Hey Rick,

I definitely dig the finish on that!! It has a great look, and is certainly a great centerpiece of a modern collection. I've actually had some Draped Bust thoughts myself lately for a Custom Set I may undertake revolving around the coins from many lands that one may have found in the bazaars of Constantinople in the 19th Century. Obviously, your beautiful gold piece wouldn't have found its way into the hands of an Ottoman merchant, but a Draped Bust half or dollar.......entirely possible. Your coin is causing me to give this possible project some more thought......

~Tom