• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mintstate legend obv. half dime so far first and only star and ms68 to boot!

9 posts in this topic

for the years of 1860 to 1873 including all the branch mints

for any mintstate business strike in any mintstate grade of the legend obverse half dime series

an 1860 ms68 is the first and currently only star coin graded by ngc!

i think that ALL the graders have to agree that it is a star if there is one that says no it doesnot get the star!

sincerely michael

Michael: that is without a doubt the singular finest half dime I've ever seen. As I remember when I viewed that coin at Legend's table a while back, it is even more amazing in person. You are to be congratulated, if not idolized! wink.gif

Schweeeet Michael! Now don't get lost on the way to the post office when mailing that one to me! WOW! MS68* Holy SMOKES! Good job. smile.gifcool.gif

Hoot

thanks bruce and hoot!

i was lucky and if anyone saw this coin it is totally original i cant explain it but it is a really great coin even with how small it is

my fav of all!!!!!!!!!!! and as always both you guys always have something good and positive to say on the boards and i have always learned much from you both!

that 1875 s trade in ms 68 bruse is amazing for such a large coin with the open space i think the only usa coin with as much open space as any minted! hard to get higher grades as all that open surface to easily pick up makes! and agreat toned also!!

also hoot remember that great toned 1937 d buff in ms67 ? well from the scan it looked weakly struck and you did not like it well i took a look at it in person and it is 100% fully dtruck and the indians hair and braid is all there 100% sharp strike but for some reason the scan/photo doesnot show that!

it is very strange but i guess it just shows you that the human eye is still the best when viewing coins but this is all we got on here i guress better than nothing

sometimes very rarely a coin comes out greast in the scans but rarely!

sincerely michael

That is such an exceptional half dime michael, I would love to spend just one day with you to see some of the coins in person that you share with us here!

thanks jtry! if you are ever up my way western ny, the paris of the northeast.......lollol well not really but anyway................ let me know and we can meet!

have lunch anytime of the day and talk coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is nothing like seeing something in person to get a real idea of what a certain "look" is and i am sure the eastern collection owners might be receptive!

sincerelt michael