• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 1941-S FB MS-67 PL Mercury dime with CAC

15 posts in this topic

Nice coin. The 1941 S is the most common date for Mercury PLs, and I have seen some stuning coins with deep mirrors. I bet your coin is stunning in hand. It looks favorable to one that Doug just sold in the BST and one that I purchased last year from Heritage, both of which are also 67 FSB CAC PLs (I say this in case you are looking for a pricing history for insurance purposes).

Sure, if you can post pricing history that would be good to know. PM me it that is more appropriate.

Thank You.

Sure, if you can post pricing history that would be good to know. PM me it that is more appropriate.

Thank You.

I think Doug sold his for $785. I don't remember the price of my coin (and I'm still adjusting to my iPad so I prefer to wait until I have access to a mouse and keyboard), but bought it at Heritage last year. I think Physicsfan-3.14 also has a NGC MS 67 FSB PL, and maybe he'll chime in with a fourth transaction record for you.

Very nice. I have one of these in the middle of my wantlist for this year. As MK said the one recently sold was tempting.

The price has gone way up on these in the last few years.

More generally, the price on all prooflike coins has gone way up in the last couple of years. I haven't bought much recently because I keep getting blown out of the water. I'm hoping that it's a passing fad and prices will come back down - but if not, I'm really going to have to step up my bids. I'm getting priced out of my own niche!

More generally, the price on all prooflike coins has gone way up in the last couple of years. I haven't bought much recently because I keep getting blown out of the water. I'm hoping that it's a passing fad and prices will come back down - but if not, I'm really going to have to step up my bids. I'm getting priced out of my own niche!

Or sell yours at 300% profit and find a new niche.......................of course when I've done that in the past I start to miss my coin and buy another one back for more money

Or sell yours at 300% profit and find a new niche.......................of course when I've done that in the past I start to miss my coin and buy another one back for more money

I like this idea. Physics should sell his PL half cent and DPL Seated Liberty Quarter to me. :D

How has 19th century PL gold been doing lately? I've got a $5 and a $10 I bought several years ago.