• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible type 2 rev for 72S Ike Dollar?

6 posts in this topic

I got a collection of Ike dollars with Dansco album just recently and I was looking thru each coin and noticed that the 1972S looks like a type 2 rev. coin. Not the ones from the bicentennial types.

This is my coin-

67F0740A-4ED5-474B-BAD2-60349DEE0C7D_zpswfy3o7sx.jpg16A24915-0ABA-4ACD-897A-01BA5EB01FF5_zpsvq2xhysk.jpg2EB9A866-8F03-41A2-93A2-10CD2A472D93_zpsd3wmz0au.jpgF04EAEDC-35E3-4BF9-BD82-D44B42C8F227_zpsu6ww5czr.jpg

Then I notice on the obverse that the "R" in Liberty looks like a peg.

29171C89-84A8-49E4-BE47-8BEED044F362_zps7tcgkbfl.jpg

Anyone give me some info on this coin? The '73S & '74S looks normal.

Thanks e1cnr, I signed up to the Ike group forum. I'm not sure if I should send this coin off to NGC to get graded and certified or if they would even take the coin.

Any grading service would take your money and put yours into a slab. I do not know your grading skills or reason for wanting in a slab BUT, you can get NGC/PCGS ms65's on eBay near $20 and I am pretty sure that is much less expensive than your coin grading would cost (with s.h both ways and original value of coin).

Yours has a decent sized nick ar top of forehead, a fingerprint near the date, some smaller black spots, and I can't tell what kind of luster from your picture.

This is the kind of feedback that I am looking for. Maybe I can find another raw in better condition to replace this one for my Ike dollar album.

This is the kind of feedback that I am looking for. Maybe I can find another raw in better condition to replace this one for my Ike dollar album.
Huh?

What do albums and slab graded coins have in common?