• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice raw material still available on Ebay

5 posts in this topic

Folks -

I've posted a 1945-D nickel here that I was high bidder on Ebay several weeks ago. The auction listed the nickel as MS66 with full steps. For a grand total of $3.75 I was the high bidder. That same night I won another nickel - A raw ms66 '43-D with full-steps - from the same person for $4.25. Shipping costs were a total of $2.50. So, for a grand total of $10.50 I have two nickels that I'd gladly have paid the same amount for each sight seen.

The moral of the story is, there are bargains out there on the bay of e - you just have to be careful. As the saying goes, 'you pays your money and you takes your chances...'

The image doesn't do this nickel justice as it has very nice peripheral toning and is totally mark free. This is a defnite 5-stepper and has a distinct chance at being a 6-stepper...there is one tick on the steps that, depending upon how you hold the coin either disrupts the bottom step, or doesn't.

Thanks to KryptoniteComics for the lesson in combining two images in MS Pain!

649386-1945DNickel.JPG.6505d5368aebab8c5fb3dcd3e461d5b5.JPG

That sounds like a good price, but isn't that typical of raw Jeffersons? There's a big book of Jeffersons at my local coin shop that has a ton of 2X2 war Jeffersons, all in pristine condition and ranging from $3. to $9. each.