• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Sacagawea Dollar Collection (Color Alert)

15 posts in this topic

An underrated coin design for the modern era. I always loved the flying eagle reverse (2000-2008). I think the U.S.Mint made a mistake dropping the date from the obverse in 2009, and moving the date to the edge. I might be old fashioned, but coins without a date stamped on the obverse just look odd to me (like something is missing) -- so the easiest way to quickly "date" a post 2009 Saca Dollar is by the reverse design which changes every year. My eyes are too old and blurry to read the date on the edge!

Master_Sacs_BlackGM160.jpg

Master_Sacs2_BlackGM160.jpg

Beautiful set! I love the color you have on your coins. I find this coin to be rather attractive in Proof condition. I like the changes they made in 2009 with regards to the reverse design. I wish they would still call it the Sacagawea coin though.

Lovely design -- too bad about the horrible frosting (snakeskin) from 2010 forward. :( It really ruins the designs on the proofs...

Paul, excellent presentation, Bob, OUTSTANDING pictures!

I can't take credit for those photos Sam. Those are all taken from TrueViews.

So the ones listed as "(Raw)" actually translates as "genuine graded -- Questionable Toning"???

Well Phil must be getting really good if I can't tell the difference anymore! lol

As a lover of toned coins... I love them.

However, I am also curious how many have been submitted for grading and of those how many were deemed AT or QT ?

PCGS has been fairly loose with modern toners, especially ASEs,

My question was also a serious one. Since when does Phil Arnold do TrueView images for Raw coins (i.e., not at the same time as grading/slabbing)?