• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have any sets you have forgotten about?

9 posts in this topic

Do you have any sets you have forgotten about? I was just looking at the Control Panel page listing my Registry Sets. I flipped through a few that I completed some time ago or that I am still actively working, then noticed that I once was putting together a Morgan date set. Only a few more and I can complete it. Now I am thinking, maybe?

Do you have any sets you have forgotten about? I was just looking at the Control Panel page listing my Registry Sets. I flipped through a few that I completed some time ago or that I am still actively working, then noticed that I once was putting together a Morgan date set. Only a few more and I can complete it. Now I am thinking, maybe?

No, I don't but that's quite a nice Saint Gaudens set you've got going on there. :thumbsup:

I have fooled around with Morgans and SLQs, so I may get back into that some day.

No, I don't but that's quite a nice Saint Gaudens set you've got going on there. :thumbsup:

I have fooled around with Morgans and SLQs, so I may get back into that some day.

Thanks. That set has been fun to put together, albeit harder than I expected. Much of the difficulty come from my living in a relatively small metropolitan region in the Southern USA. In other words, my purchase options are limited.

You reminded me to check--- I found a forgotten TV set, half a set of Leggos, and a set of broken china from the last household move....No complete double eagle coin sets, though... :(

Walker half and Barber half set. Completed a few years ago -- in "affordable" grades, but at least complete in Dansco albums. Was upgrading the keys and semi-keys but lost interest.

I only have a small few sets I'm working on. My collection is small enough that I haven't really had that problem.

I didn't mean to imply that I had a huge Eliasberg-like collection. :roflmao: It's just that I realized that I started and nearly completed a Morgan dollar one per date registry set back in 2006 - 2007. I was acquiring dates at a pretty good clip until I hit a brick wall - the expensive (1892-1895) dates. ;)

When I stopped working on that set, I started focusing on my $20 Saint collection. :angel: Now that I am hitting a brick wall on that must more expensive set, the Morgan set seems more doable.

Unfortunately so many people collect Morgans that even if I were to finish the set with all MS64 and 65 examples, I still wouldn't crack the top 50. :makepoint:

Thanks. That set has been fun to put together, albeit harder than I expected. Much of the difficulty come from my living in a relatively small metropolitan region in the Southern USA. In other words, my purchase options are limited.

That's what the internet is for. ;) I rarely buy locally albeit once in a while. :)