• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on Roosevelt Proof Toning

5 posts in this topic

on a 1 to 5 scale (5 = highest), how would you rate the tone on this 1951 proof dime?

i can't get a clear photo with my iphone so i just shot a quick video with it to show some light running over the coin. the reverse is seen there too. here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywLdy38nK8

2usvsi8.jpg

obviously the large white spots take a lot away. but how much would you say?

Rate the tone against what standard, pretty? I think the color is around 4-pretty, but when you figure in the distractions, the coin is around 3-pretty.

I agree, it's somewhere in the middle. What's most desired is striking rainbow. This coin has basically just 2 colors. It looks like a solid PF 66 PF 67 coin anyway so It's a keeper. A significant toning premium may be a reach.

Your pic makes it look like the color is clouding the reflective fields. After viewing the youtube clip, the mirrors are deep and reflective which makes it beeter in my opinion.

pic score - 2

video score - 4