• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP 41-S Walker

12 posts in this topic

Where did you ever find THAT!!??

I see MANY 66s that don't have a strike nearly that good. It looks to be very minimally abraded and is re-toning nicely, too.

That's AT LEAST a 66! Personally, I'd grade it even higher.

The only thing that I can imagine is that MAYBE the luster held it back ever so slightly from being a superb gem? I am not sure, though. I'll say 66 +

Fabulous addition!!! (worship)

Yes, it is a MS66. What was important to me, the strike, was mentioned by very many replies. I searched for this coin for 2 years. I found many MS66 examples that had the grade but not the central line definition I was looking for. Clean fields, but weak central lines in dozens of coins that I looked at.

This coin has a way above average strike for a 41-S. Nice skirt lines a partial thumb and a very sharp head. The only limiting factors, as Coindude pointed out, are hits on the upper thigh and hand area---I can live with that.

Thanks for the comments.

Hey Sam, this was the coin I was waiting for before sending you this one and a few dozen Busties to image. :whee:

Carl

41smediumo_zps2f4c8c39.jpg

41smediumr_zps308c6e4a.jpg

Had I not seen the grade, I would have said MS66+ minimum with a good shot at MS67. The surfaces are there, the strike is above average, and the rest of the coin is all there so I am a bit surprised it didn't at least receive a plus designation.