• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They ARE NOT Unsearched

26 posts in this topic

I can't make it through 1 page of wheat penny rolls on ebay without seeing "UNSEARCHED" wheat penny rolls.

Come on, really. 1. Either you are stupid and there is a chance of finding something huge (I dont think I could pass it up) or 2. You think other people are stupid and will believe you. Such a joke. I have read the feedback of unhappy buyers saying "40's and 50's nothing good" yet everyday another sucker buys another $2 roll for $10-$20++.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick of it.

That is the unfortunate thing about SleazeBay and Dregs-list. If these guys thought they could get away with advertising unsearched rolls of Morgan dollars or Seated Libs, they would.

Chris

We very rarely search piles of wheat cents when they come in the shop. They get bagged and shipped out, unsearched-by-us.

Although this is true, do you really think the previous owners of them didn't cherry pick the good stuff

We very rarely search piles of wheat cents when they come in the shop. They get bagged and shipped out, unsearched-by-us.

Although this is true, do you really think the previous owners of them didn't cherry pick the good stuff

Exactly. It's possible but improbable.

$250 gets you a coin wrapper, paper rolls are cheap. So wrapping a few with tight ends and you break even easily. Then keep scamming people until your feedback ruins you, then just create a new account. SEEN IT, NO THANKS, keep your "unsearched rolls" I'll stick to looking through my pocket change.

I don't worry about it. The only truth I can express is what I know, which is that we don't search them.

I find "Original Mint Sets" even more amusing/sad. There you have PICTURES where anyone with half a brain ought to be able to tell that AT LEAST half of the coins in the Mint Set have been taken out and replaced... yet some poor schlep still buys them.

AG 1909-S obverse on one end, a 1909-VDB reverse on the other end , and 48x 50's wheats in the middle. That's the way they do it.

Now it's sometimes a 3CS or a $2.50 gold on one of the ends.

Is it not amazing how the best coins always show on the ends? I can't believe people still fall for it.

Usually yes, but not always.

I've picked out 2 really nice better dates (10-S & 11-S), and many 09-VDB's (not S, but still nice for 2c..) out of bulk wheat penny bag once.

The majority of them ARE searched and picked through, though.

Usually yes, but not always.

I've picked out 2 really nice better dates (10-S & 11-S), and many 09-VDB's (not S, but still nice for 2c..) out of bulk wheat penny bag once.

The majority of them ARE searched and picked through, though.

99%, I will say that 1% are unsearched

Same buyer bought all 3 of these "unsearched" Morgan rolls. I wonder how disappointed he's going to be when he gets them. He spent a total of $18.35K for the 3. (shrug)

AG 1909-S obverse on one end, a 1909-VDB reverse on the other end , and 48x 50's wheats in the middle. That's the way they do it.

Now it's sometimes a 3CS or a $2.50 gold on one of the ends.

Is it not amazing how the best coins always show on the ends? I can't believe people still fall for it.

Bingo!

The buyer of these 3 rolls has left very laudatory feedback for the seller. There are more than one possible reasons for this.

C'mon, hypothesize....What reasons?

The buyer of these 3 rolls has left very laudatory feedback for the seller. There are more than one possible reasons for this.

C'mon, hypothesize....What reasons?

There are probably more possibilities, but...

1. Shill

2. Doesn't yet realize what he bought.

3. Actually found coins that in his opinion were worth what he paid.

Actually, these reasons apply to ANY coin purchase where the kibitzing public thinks a buyer overpaid.

But it's true!!!! My grandparents did pass away and leave me an endless supply of wheat rolls and many of the have a flying eagle cent at one end and shiny mercury dime at the other.

I don't know anything about coins, but I know enough to say "it could be a 1916-d".

I'm sorry,I think it's scummy to sell like that, but BUYER BEWARE!!!

I quite often buy 5000 count bags of wheat use and make starter sets for ebay and amazon. I would make rolls and sell them as "average circulated wheat cent rolls" and in the description I would write you will not find....and list key dates, etc. you might find things like RPMs, etc because I don't search for those, but they guy I bought them from may have. I would even write, if I were buying this roll I would pay $5 or $3 or whatever I felt was an honest price.

Well don't you know someone over paid and sent me an email saying "for the money I paid, these better be uncirculated!"

I have since stopped selling them because even when your honest, some people want to make you pay for it.

So these rolls with the cardboard plugs still in the ends are not original?

PennyRolls+-+2.jpg

Just curious. They look old, are wrapped tight.