• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1795 Mint Set....

20 posts in this topic

...is now complete!

....is now complete!

All coins are PCGS. All but the 1795 Cent is CAC'd. I hope to upgrade a few of them, but am in no hurry. The gold examples will be too far out of reach for the foreseeable future.

1. 1795 Half Cent PCGS F15 CAC: From Bozarth Numismatics. Original dark chocolate brown surfaces with no traces of corrosion.

15reird.jpg

2. 1795 Large Cent PCGS XF40 CAC: From Shawn Yancey. Chocolate brown hard surfaces, but slightly overgraded. It did not receive CAC's approval for this reason, and I agree that it is more of a VF35, but I love the coin!

15myadk.jpg

3. 1795 Half Dime PCGS VG8 CAC: I bought this one raw years ago from Osburn! A rare variety (LM7) which is an R6. Crusty surfaces with a few old light scratches.

2ptpld5.jpg

4. 1795 Half Dollar PCGS F15 CAC: From Goldberg Auctions. Amazingly original surfaces with light toning throughout. This looks better than most Fine's I have seen.

1z2ngvr.jpg

5. 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar PCGS XF40 CAC: From many people including Yosef B and J&H Coins. Lovely surfaces with a light gold patina.

qysr4j.jpg

6. 1795 Draped Bust Dollar PCGS OGH VF20 CAC: From Stacks. Crusty original surfaces. I was looking for an example without adjustment marks, and this one fit the bill.

21dfnuf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ankur

The Draped Bust 1$ is just a stunning example. Nice job.

(I quickly was reminded that in 1795 there were no dimes or quarters minted yet, and Ole George himself may have spent these coins on a night out with Martha)

Couldn't help notice that there were no NGC slabs. What is up with that?

Best, HT

Ankur would cracked an NGC 1 holder if he thought he could cross and CAC it! lol Graeat set Ankur Thanks for sharing with us.

...is now complete!

....is now complete!

All coins are PCGS. All but the 1795 Cent is CAC'd.

2. 1795 Large Cent PCGS XF40 ]CAC[/b]: From Shawn Yancey. Chocolate brown hard surfaces, but slightly overgraded. It did not receive CAC's approval for this reason, and I agree that it is more of a VF35, but I love the coin!

15myadk.jpg

You say the Large Cent isn't CAC, then you still typed CAC -- must just be reflex for you, eh? ;)

Lovely set -- you should have them professionally imaged. The poor quality of the images isn't doing the set any favors.

Beautiful! The F15 Half is my favorite piece here, it really captures the era as a piece used in commerce 200+ years ago.

Take no counsel of your fears or naysayers.