• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New domed baseball commemorative dollar and half dollar.

14 posts in this topic

They put so little artistic effort into these designs that they look like the bullion discs you can get from ebay from all the little shop refiners out there. And I dont mean just these but just about everything the mint has put out the past 20 years.

Haven't seen it yet, but this is like the Topps-Donruss-Fleer-UpperDeck proliferation that killed the baseball hobby.

If I was on the CCAC, I would bring back CLASSIC coin designs from the time of our country's founding through the 1930's. They did it with the 2009 UHR.

Bring back a gold AND silver version of the Liberty Double Eagle.

Bring back some of the $10, $5, and $2.50 Indian Heads. Gold and Silver.

Bring back the Caped Busts. Gold and Silver.

JMHO.

I don't like them either. I'm not in to the different gimmicky designs being used to make coins. I've seen triangular coins, bi & tri-metallic coins, and now bowl shaped coins.

The mint had an opportunity to do something spectacular with the baseball coin, and I don't think that they succeeded.

Won't be buying any.

I don't like them either. I'm not in to the different gimmicky designs being used to make coins. I've seen triangular coins, bi & tri-metallic coins, and now bowl shaped coins.

The mint had an opportunity to do something spectacular with the baseball coin, and I don't think that they succeeded.

Won't be buying any.

I agree with you and Mumu. You would think with the technological advances, we would see more detail and nuance on the modern commems, not less.

I don't know... Perhaps its my uncivilized nature... Or that if it weren't for low class, I would have no class at all, but I kind if like them. I get how they are kind of a gimmick, but that makes them unusual especially for the unimaginative mint... I will probably pick up a few to keep and a few others for gifts.... Now, if the mint can get them in my hands without milk spots, scratches, gouges, etc, that will be the real trick.....

At first it seemed that I shouldn't give them a second thought. They'll be worth a third of the purchase price before I get them home. Then I thought, wait, they might be a hit. My first impression might have been an error.

Should I sacrifice my hard earned cash on something that might be a strikeout? Should I be a player in this game and add these coins to my collection manager?

Honestly, my last few purchases from the mint have been a little foul. I can't wait for baseball season to start but I think I'll let these coins slide. :insane:

At first it seemed that I shouldn't give them a second thought. They'll be worth a third of the purchase price before I get them home. Then I thought, wait, they might be a hit. My first impression might have been an error.

Should I sacrifice my hard earned cash on something that might be a strikeout? Should I be a player in this game and add these coins to my collection manager?

Honestly, my last few purchases from the mint have been a little foul. I can't wait for baseball season to start but I think I'll let these coins slide. :insane:

(thumbs u ^^:applause: (thumbs u