• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to stard a thread about next ANA show in July?

35 posts in this topic

I just can't wait!! This year, my wife didn't allow me to go to Long Beach show in September frustrated.gif but she allowed me to fly to San Jose next year in July. I just made a reservation for hotel. Is anyone going? laugh.gif

San Jose!!! I thought...for some reason...they weren't going to have it there. Looks like I'll be going to my 3rd ANA...it's been 9 years since my last one.

Yay! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif Yay!

jom

Toyo - Why did you make a hotel reservation? Carl Wohlforth lives in San Jose and he has already agreed to put up everybody who's from the boards at his house! headbang.gif (I have dibs on the bedroom next to the bathroom. sumo.gif)

insane.gif Hoot insane.gif

Hey, I'm glad I read this thread! I'd love to have you all over for a week or more. There isn't much room as I just moved to a neighborhood with great schools but I'm sure we will make do. Since I couldn't afford the neighborhood I sold all my coins and have moved into my rich buddy's garage. However we can rent one of those portable bathrooms...

...just kidding. I certainly will be attending. I would be happy to host a BBQ dinner. The weather should be great, it usually is in July. It will be my first ANA show and I'm excited about it. If there is anything I can do to help out of towners make arrangements please let me know.

Hey, I'm glad I read this thread! I'd love to have you all over for a week or more. There isn't much room as I just moved to a neighborhood with great schools but I'm sure we will make do. Since I couldn't afford the neighborhood I sold all my coins and have moved into my rich buddy's garage. However we can rent one of those portable bathrooms...

...just kidding. I certainly will be attending. I would be happy to host a BBQ dinner. The weather should be great, it usually is in July. It will be my first ANA show and I'm excited about it. If there is anything I can do to help out of towners make arrangements please let me know.

Carl - I'll be first in line for the BBQ ribs if I make it! grin.gif

Hoot

Seems like many members live on the West Coast....great laugh.gif

CarlWohlforth-please invite me to your BBQ dinner. One of my dreams is to have a BBQ in U.S.A!!.....I can't make a fire though blush.gif

I can't make a fire though

Must resist making anthropological joke...

You can join Hoot and the rest of his semi-evolved species who still wait for lightning to strike! Notice how they still hunt for buffaloes?

Couldn't resist!

insane.gif

EVP

toyonakataro: please join Hoot and me for a BBQ. My family and I have a neat place with a view of downtown San Jose and lots of space (unlike I suggested in my poor joke earlier.) I would be highly honored to host your first American BBQ! Don't worry about fire or raw meat, I will provide both. It will be great to relax in the evening and talk about the hunting and gathering we have done during the day at the show smile.gif I also would really appreciate it if all you others join us. The more the merrier!

CarlWohlforth

Thank you VERY VERY much for the invitation.....it'll be my first BBQ in 31 years in U.S and it will be a great experience/memory laugh.gif

Now I have to level up my English....at least to the level I can understand EVP's joke wink.gif

Now I have to level up my English....at least to the level I can understand EVP's joke wink.gif

Some of his jokes are beyond comprehension even to fluent and eloquent English speakers. poke2.gifwink.gif

-JamminJ

hail.gif Carl! Thank you for the kind invitation! blush.gif I surely hope to be there. Meeting you would be an honor. Keeping you from meeting EVP would double the honor.

Hoot

• Administrator

I'm glad to hear that you are all planning to go to San Jose. Our next Collectors Society/Registry/Message Board luncheon is scheduled for San Jose.

I was just putting together our Nov E-newsletter with the details. It will be held on Friday, July 29th from noon to 2pm. I will follow up with more details as we get closer.

I look forward to seeing some familiar faces and also look forward to meeting many of you in person for the first time.

Save the date everybody!

smile.gif

We will miss you kryptonitecomics frown.gif but I will send you one of our long sought after multi coin holders to commemorate the event. grin.gif

Some of his jokes are beyond comprehension even to fluent and eloquent English speakers.

Jammin',

How do you know? Did you ask them? yay.gif

Hoot,

There is no honor among nickel collectors. NBB anyone?

Toyo,

Hope we haven't scared you away. Chatting with Dena will be pleasant, but I don't know if that counteracts having to put with Mr. Spraypaint (JOM), Mono-orchid (Greg), a darksider (JamminJ), a prehistoric man-like primate (Hoot) and a gracious host (have to say something nice about Carl because he's the host!).

EVP

I'm glad to hear that you are all planning to go to San Jose. Our next Collectors Society/Registry/Message Board luncheon is scheduled for San Jose.

I was just putting together our Nov E-newsletter with the details. It will be held on Friday, July 29th from noon to 2pm. I will follow up with more details as we get closer.

How many of these have their been? The (first?) one at FUN in January was great. A hot food buffet - good food and a real bar, some fresh SS Republic coins (I think Brian said these were the first time they were shows to the public), a nice presentation / Q&A.

I look forward to seeing some familiar faces and also look forward to meeting many of you in person for the first time.

You're going to San Jose, but you never seem to come back to LA. 893naughty-thumb.gif

We will miss you kryptonitecomics frown.gif but I will send you one of our long sought after multi coin holders to commemorate the event. grin.gif

Watch out for Cameron Kiefer. He'll be looking to snatch a bunch of those. poke2.gif

• Administrator

How many of these have their been? The (first?) one at FUN in January was great. A hot food buffet - good food and a real bar, some fresh SS Republic coins (I think Brian said these were the first time they were shows to the public), a nice presentation / Q&A.

FUN of 2004 was the first luncheon. San Jose will be the second. We plan to have a get together at least once a year.

You're going to San Jose, but you never seem to come back to LA. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm sure I'll be back to LA at some point...I've had my hands full the last couple of years and it hasn't been easy to get away (see attachment).

Watch out for Cameron Kiefer. He'll be looking to snatch a bunch of those. poke2.gif

I'll be ready sumo.gif

646116-couch3.JPG.1d1ff9d46ecd64f1baaf99a255a69a1f.JPG

If you would show up in the "real" LA (Lower Alabama) sometime, then I might be able to make it. Until then, just forward one of those multi-holders this way. I need a consolation prize to drown my sorrows in. frown.gif

Dena,

Re subject of your attachment: most excellent pair!

yay.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

EVP

Compliments still won't get you invited to the lunchon. You're stuck with Laura for the show boo.gif

Hey, I ran across a book that you would enjoy: The United States Trade Dollar, America's Only Unwanted, Unhonored Coin by John Willem Jr.

• Administrator
Dena-thanks for planning the luncheon. Are they your kids? Very sweet cloud9.gif

I also like that pumpkin costume laugh.gif

Yes...those are my babies.

Halloween was a lot of fun. My son is still yelling "trick or treat" every time the doorbell rings grin.gif

I have,not been to an ANA Show since Salt Lake City. Maybe I will drive down and finally come out of hiding. Besides, I can visit my daughter in Eugene, OR and some other friends in Fresno.