• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RPM-005 ? Looks like it to me.

7 posts in this topic

Looks like it to me. Kind of a sloppy one.

Mine is the top one with poor lighting. Am I just imagining things?

1960_D_RPM_005_Mine.jpg

1960_D_RPM_005.jpg

I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's nothing inside the D on yours to suggest it's a RPM but there is a small metal deposit above the D to suggest a striking issue.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's nothing inside the D on yours to suggest it's a RPM but there is a small metal deposit above the D to suggest a striking issue.

I thought the Mint stopped hand-punching the mintmarks in the early 90's.

Chris

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The cent is a 1960-D. I don't see much that would qualify as a RPM. There are many dozen for that issue, but even if this coin could be identified as some minor RPM it would not be recognized by NGC as such.

The cent is a 1960-D. I don't see much that would qualify as a RPM. There are many dozen for that issue, but even if this coin could be identified as some minor RPM it would not be recognized by NGC as such.

Duh! Why was I thinking 1996?

Chris

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

No hopes. lol

I was just going through some old pennies and noticed that one looked very similar although as e1cnr stated it is most definitely a different die I would think.

David that was not my intent. I asked the question for the opinions so that when I am writing on the little kraft envelopes I know what the coin may or may not be. I think the opinions are that is is NOT even remotely close to the RPM mentioned so I will scratch that off the envelope.

Thanks all. :)