• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Investment Club Specializes In Silver Dollars" 1964, Toledo Blade

6 posts in this topic

On a Sunday morning, rather than read all the depressing "news" in my local St. Louis Post Dispatch, I'll sometimes scan obscure newspapers for old articles related to coins. Here is one I found regarding silver dollars from fifty years ago. Check out the blurb about the 1903-O. Enjoy!

I used to deliver the Blade as a 4th and 5th grader in the 70s. The owner of Hickory Farms of Ohio was on my route so that was a nice for xmas bonus.

I really enjoyed exporing more than the silver dollar articles. Like old adds for cars, tvs, jewelry and an article about having priests stop smoking to set an example for the youth.....Funny stuff.. Some Vietnam and Soviet Union stuff was also interesting. Thanks for the link.

My father grew up in Toledo before the Depression, Scott school, etc.. It must have been quite a place to live back then. Here he was a director at the Danbury Mint and connected with Eric Sloane and Roger Tory Peterson on artist-based projects.

Thanks for sharing.

Nutmeg - Sounds like a great family story to tell. Very little has been written about the private mints - even the Franklin Mint.