• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my latest CONDER TOKENS!

13 posts in this topic

I thought I post my latest Conder Tokens that I recently got back from grading and photographing! Todd really captured the iridescent toning on the Spence hanger, and I just love damaged die Conders and the Spence padlock is a beaut! I bought the Kent and Perthshire Conders because of their incredible detail, don't you agree!

7.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

This beautiful Angusshire - Dundee 39A Conder graded MS65 BN, but had a spelling error on the label so it is going back for a reholder

47.jpg

What beautiful colors and unique subjects & graphics. I like numbers 1, 2 & 5. Number one has insane color!!! I also love the fact that they are 18th century pieces. VERY nice, Charmy!!

love all the conder tokens

:applause::cloud9:

the end of pain token; the coloration is due to the coin being lacquered should have had a strong acetone bath before submitting

Hi Charmy,

Very nice tokens. Did you apply the lint seed oil? I'm thinking no, but I don't know much about copper. Was it used back in the day as a preservation of the surface?

Thanks,

Joe

Very nice tokens.

Any suggestions on how to conserve/preserve bronze?

Any different?

Also, I have a 1723 Hibernia sitting in a bath of virgin olive oil. Will that work on Bronze?

Wow Charmy, those are just intense. The End of Pain token is other worldly. I was wondering what caused that coloration and thanks for clearing that up.

Michael, there was no lacquer on that token, it was simply residue from linseed oil.

i will need to try linseed oil on my copper before submitting

as i love that rainbow coloration

usually old lacquer produces this same coloration and how it sits

on the coin and in and around the devices and lettering

this was done to lots of early copper and silver coins with the exact

same coloration and how it sits on the coins as 19th century

collectors protected many coins this way before slabs

and albums; of course it took decades to produce this coloration

i will need to try linseed oil on my copper before submitting

as i love that coloration it creates on the coin

well i learned something new today.................................