• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know who the eBay seller eternitycoin is?

15 posts in this topic

I guess that no one knows.

Not a big deal nor anything bad. I was just wanting to know who it might have been.

I don't know who the seller is, but I have looked at some of his/her stuff from time to time. The reason I have never purchased anything is that the prices are usually quite strong. And, it's not hard to track a lot of their inventory to Heritage Auctions and other eBay auctions at significantly lower (sometimes 50% or less) than their asking prices.

Best of luck!

-Brandon

That is my experience as well Brandon.

I was curious as if they had a cheaper off eBay site.

Thanks.

I didn't answer because I figured you were just out to trash someone.

Nope! Not me. If I have problems with a transaction I will just not buy from them anymore.

Although wrestling in the Money Marketplace, it would seem, is an open option but it is one that sounds very tiring. :facepalm:

:grin:

In the past 1.5 years or so, I have noticed a lot more sellers on eBay who are buying on Heritage and then posting on eBay at 100% mark-up (or more). It doesn't bother me, as their inventories tend to be stagnant and it is their money tied up in the coins, not mine. Just an observation that it has become far more common.

There are 3-4 sellers in particular who post on eBay whose inventories come almost completely from HA sells, and even the smallest amount of digging can reveal their selling tactics.

Nothing surprises me nowadays. Even one of the recent BST threads here included a coin that was purchased for $160 about 3 weeks ago on eBay, and is now listed again on eBay for around $500. To each his/her own. Again, that's their business, not mine -- just something to be aware of.

Cheers,

-Brandon

In the past 1.5 years or so, I have noticed a lot more sellers on eBay who are buying on Heritage and then posting on eBay at 100% mark-up (or more). It doesn't bother me, as their inventories tend to be stagnant and it is their money tied up in the coins, not mine. Just an observation that it has become far more common.

There are 3-4 sellers in particular who post on eBay whose inventories come almost completely from HA sells, and even the smallest amount of digging can reveal their selling tactics.

Nothing surprises me nowadays. Even one of the recent BST threads here included a coin that was purchased for $160 about 3 weeks ago on eBay, and is now listed again on eBay for around $500. To each his/her own. Again, that's their business, not mine -- just something to be aware of.

Cheers,

-Brandon

You're right. Why should it matter where sellers get their material. Who cares?

The fact is that most "knowledgeable" buyers will know that the coin sold recently and the asking price is far higher than the recent sale. Therefore, the item probably won't sell anywhere near the asking price. Averaged over time the items will be sold at a reasonable price to most (if not all) "knowledgeable" buyers.

I know of at least one seller on eBay who does this kind of thing. I still try to deal with them (if I happen to miss the sale at Heritage for example) at what I think might be a good price. If he passes on it no big deal and no one is hurt. Move on...

jom

Yes and Yes!

Before this gets out of control though I want to make it perfectly clear that I only wanted to know who it was so that I might have the option of dealing with them outside eBay's fence line.

Just needed to make sure that was clear. :preach:

eBay has this area on every auction 'Ask a question'

Have you tried that method of finding out who they are? I would suspect they do know who they are...

Well generally to get contact info for a person (address and phone number) you have to have a valid transaction ID number where you purchased from them

The other option that you are recommending does not fly very well. If you put a phone number, web site, email address, or anything of the like then eBay automatically kicks it back and threatens life in prison.

That has been my experience.

It matters not. I thought if the person was on this forum they would answer. Apparently they are not. No big deal.

We just figured that if you wanted to contact the guy, you would be able to use the email address supplied or 'ask a question' feature to be able to do it. Or if you needed to talk in person, you could use one of these to get a phone number from them. If you just wanted a street address because you are casing the joint, well good luck with that.

We just figured that if you wanted to contact the guy, you would be able to use the email address supplied or 'ask a question' feature to be able to do it. Or if you needed to talk in person, you could use one of these to get a phone number from them. If you just wanted a street address because you are casing the joint, well good luck with that.

Hahahahaha!

No ... afraid not. Damn that was funny.

I don't have anything specific that I am looking to buy from them right at this moment. I just happen on their listings quite often and was curious who it was.

No big deal.

I am still laughing from that comment. :grin: