• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first adventure into seated dimes

15 posts in this topic

I've been working on a FB merc set for quite some time now, and as I was coin shopping today, I saw this and had to buy it! It jumped out of the case at me! The colors are more vivid "live".

SSCN0217.JPG

SSCN0219.JPG

Andy laugh.gif

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! WILD WILD WILD!!!

a great coin with even greater toning! wild!

i got some news on my own if you get a chance see my post on here about some seated material that went to ngc!!

i love seated coinage! well i like it as you can only love a person! shocked.giflaugh.gifsmile.gifcool.gifsmirk.gifgrin.gif

lets start a tread everyone buys an extremely undervalued sleeper uncommon coin like that 1891! and with great toning!

wow neat ANDY!!!! you made my night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael

I am normally not a fan of the toning that most seated coins possess, but that one is a real beauty! Thanks for sharing it.

PQseated,

It is in a PCGS MS64 holder. In my opinion, it is undergraded. I just wish the true color of it could be seen accurately in the picture, It's got some very nice shades of purple as well as astounding luster. It just jumped out at me when I saw it! Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Andy laugh.gif

Sweet coin Andy! You and Michael ar a pair tonight! I was going to guess MS65/66! lol! I reckon I was a bit enthusiastic about all the color flying around these boards!

Hoot

Hoot,

I will be resubmitting this coin for an upgrade. In my mind, it is a no questions asked MS65 technically. I'm also surprised it didn't get a bump for eye appeal. We'll see what happens!

Andy laugh.gif

Simply Georgous! When I first started collected some 30 years ago, I used to buy seated dimes...... I have now given them to my youngest son...

Nice coin with nice color. Seated dimes are one of my favorite series. I'm not sure if I would resubmit that coin. Looks like a solid ms/64, with soft head detail a mark in the left obverse field, and the reverse looks to have some chatter below the IM and above the ON. Too many, seemingly, to get the coin into gem status. If you do decide to go for the upgrade, keep us posted. smile.gif

Beautiful coin. Now, find about 110 more like it, and you will have a set smile.gif This is the challenge of collecting seated dimes, quarters, and halves. It's hard enough to find nice ones, let alone nice ones of a particular date.

We'll also give EVP credit for his seated dollar set just because he has very cool coins smile.gif

We'll also give EVP credit for his seated dollar set just because he has very cool coins

Thanks, Coin-beast. But, if you're referring to those 4 awesome dollars that I used as discussion material recently... Those coins belong to Linda's Daddy.

Regards,

EVP

Beautiful coin. I started a foray into Seated Dimes two years ago and did not get very far. In fact, I am still looking for a "No Drapery" dime that is not an 1838-P. I am mostly just interested now in type. Some dates in BU are real stoppers, both for availability and price. They are not as tough as Seated Halves, but they are a worthy challenge. Good luck, they are fascinating coins and many have outstanding toning.