• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My "newp" from the last LB show

19 posts in this topic

EVP,

I guess I can agree that the toning is natural, after all the coin is now part of the bottom of an ashtray, and as such it is only natural that it would come in contact with heat and smoke on a regular basis. grin.gif

John

can't say I'd use a coin in that fashion

Can't say I'd use that ashtray as intended either...

Funny thing is that when I bought it, I had every intention of using as intended. The folks around me talked me out of it.

Good thing...

EVP

1) As I told EVP at Long Beach, the coin has been cleaned. 27_laughing.gif

2) I've seen similar ones on eBay. There have been a few with early talers and quite a few with the Maria Theresa coins in them (I bet there are modern repro coins).

can't say I'd use a coin in that fashion

Can't say I'd use that ashtray as intended either...

Funny thing is that when I bought it, I had every intention of using as intended. The folks around me talked me out of it.

Good thing...

EVP

People from S. A. will do that! 27_laughing.gif

Exactly what were you smoking when, I mean, planned on smoking when you bought the thing? laugh.gif

It looks like it would make a great candle holder if not for an ashtray!

OK, last one! From the pic, it looks like the heat from snuffing out a smoke has caused the silver to melt a bit or is that just tarnish on the coin? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Leo