• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

48 posts in this topic

I hate that you cant melt the pre 1982 ones legally for ~2x profit.

What makes you think they are worth 2x melt value? Prices quoted are for Grade A which is pure copper. Do you think a smelter is going to pay you the same price when it costs them to refine it?

Chris

I don't think they are 2x melt value.

My mistake! You said "2x profit". Then how much do you think a pre-82 Lincoln cent is worth in copper value?

Chris

Hundred dollars

Look I wasn't really that commited to the thread. Its not even really a pet peeve of mine. Just added my (copper cent melt value to the thread). I am more concerned with what appears to be a majority of the American population not knowing how to spell ridiculous.

I'm sorry if I took your comment too seriously. The problem I have run into is that everybody and his brother thinks there is value in saving the Lincoln's for the copper content. I keep telling them to call some of their local refiners for a quote, but they just stick their head in the sand and keep dreaming that it will be profitable for them.

Chris

I'm sorry if I took your comment too seriously. The problem I have run into is that everybody and his brother thinks there is value in saving the Lincoln's for the copper content. I keep telling them to call some of their local refiners for a quote, but they just stick their head in the sand and keep dreaming that it will be profitable for them.

Chris

I have 3, maybe 4 hundred copper cents. Id be better off melting the 50 motherboards I have in the attic than pennies.

I see these copper medals that dealers offer as "investments" for the copper, and I have laugh. Do you know how much copper you need to have to amount to anything? People complain about how much space it takes to store silver. Copper is far worse.

I see these copper medals that dealers offer as "investments" for the copper, and I have laugh. Do you know how much copper you need to have to amount to anything. People complain about how much space it takes to store silver. Copper is far worse.

You would probably fare better if you just staked out a construction site and made a citizen's arrest if someone tried to steal the pipe and/or wiring, hoping that the contractor would give you a reward.

Chris

I see these copper medals that dealers offer as "investments" for the copper, and I have laugh. Do you know how much copper you need to have to amount to anything. People complain about how much space it takes to store silver. Copper is far worse.

You would probably fare better if you just staked out a construction site and made a citizen's arrest if someone tried to steal the pipe and/or wiring, hoping that the contractor would give you a reward.

Chris

Or that a little bag of crack fell out of the thief's pocket while you arrested them.

Guys that wear Daisy Dukes (two sizes too small) to coin shows with a matching jeans fabric fanny pack.

They usually leave a moist 'stain' on the folding chair in front of the dealer's table.

I know simply standing would be a solution, but still. . .

My minor irritation is with the misuse of our language. Not a big deal, but here's an example:

"I" and "personally" are redundant.

An all time favorite guaranteed to make you laugh and shake your head at the same time! :grin:

My minor irritation is with the misuse of our language. Not a big deal, but here's an example:

An all time favorite guaranteed to make you laugh and shake your head at the same time! :grin:

I think there is context for this phrase. To personally believe something as opposed to publicly believe something. An example would be religion. One could personally believe in God and not push it onto other people. While others believe in God and try and push their beliefs on others. The context would be one sharing their private thoughts on an issue.

Guys that wear Daisy Dukes (two sizes too small) to coin shows with a matching jeans fabric fanny pack.

They usually leave a moist 'stain' on the folding chair in front of the dealer's table.

I know simply standing would be a solution, but still. . .

What percentage of the daisy duke wearers would you say also have a full un-groomed beard?

I think there is context for this phrase.

I personally believe that this is not the typical usage from my experience! ;)

Well what about "Personally I believe...."

How about "I believe"? doh!lol;)

Where's curlis when we actually need him?

:signfunny:

I think it is clearly apparent that grammar is not my strong point based off of the posts I make but hey, I try. lol

Maybe I need a lesson from this proper grammar website.

My biggest pet peeve is when the dog, Ivan, wakes me at 3am 'cause he has to go out. He weighs 75 lbs, so he's my biggest pet.

A coin collecting peeve (but not a pet) is when collectors won't spend a few dollars to buy books, but then expect others to answer their questions.

My biggest pet peeve is when the dog, Ivan, wakes me at 3am 'cause he has to go out. He weighs 75 lbs, so he's my biggest pet.

Okay, so tell us what his biggest pee was.

A coin collecting peeve (but not a pet) is when collectors won't spend a few dollars to buy books, but then expect others to answer their questions.

Roger, this reminds me of the people who always say, "I've searched everywhere, but I can't find a thing about this error."

Try the library!

Chris