• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Joy Today by Electric Peak Collection

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The down side to too much snow.

Well, in my Baltimore suburb we got about 12 inches of snow from the first blast of this storm. That was enough to close many work places and schools. I spent over 4 hours digging myself and a neighbor out this morning. Part two is dumping a few more inches as I type.

I was anticipating arrival of two packages today: an acquisition, pictured below, from the recent Heritage auction; and a couple new SAEs. The tracking information says both are out for delivery, but the mailman has not been here yet.

Stay warm and stay safe. The coin is dated 1856...

15161.jpg

See more journals by Electric Peak Collection

Alan

That half-dime looks as if it's worth waiting for. They always used to say that no matter the weather the mail gets delivered. When the wind chill here was reaching -40 the mail didn't get to my house either. At any rate, hang in there. I remember my last year living in Maryland we had a number of heavy snows. Spring will come and your half-dime will find its way home! All the best .

Gary

That is an awesome looking coin. I love how the silver coins can take on some beautiful and sought after natural toning. The fact that it is over 150 years old with a beautiful classic design makes it all the more appealing. Nice addition.