• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need suggestion on coin inventory software.

17 posts in this topic

I have been looking at two coin collecting inventory software. Coinmanger2013 and Numis Professional. I have tried both trials and have been leaning towards the Numis Professional it seems to have all the same features but cost less at 20 dollars compared to 50 for the coin manger2013. I tried seaching for any reviews on the Numis Professional software and cannot find anything on it and I am wandering if it is safe to use espically since I can only download it over the internet and not actually purchase a physical cd like you can with Coinmanger2013. Any advice would be appreciated.

I haven't used the numis professional software but I am using the coin manager and I like it so far. It has a couple issues but overall works well. I wouldn't worry about an internet download as these will be more common with a lot of windows 8 stuff not having cd players.

If you are talking about CoinManage 2013, I can tell you it is buggy and you will get ZERO support.

It WAS a nice program a few years back, but the developers are now non-existant when you need support.

MM

If you are talking about CoinManage 2013, I can tell you it is buggy and you will get ZERO support.

It WAS a nice program a few years back, but the developers are now non-existant when you need support.

MM

I have heard this also MM. Luckily it seems to work for just fine minus a couple little kinks I can live with.

MM

I have heard this also MM. Luckily it seems to work for just fine minus a couple little kinks I can live with.

Yeah, I still use it too Bobby. Just giving him a heads up. Main thing now is the bullion prices will not update, but like you said, gotta live with it.

MM

I keep all of my records on XL spread sheets. I don't know why you would need to buy a specialized program.

As much as I use excel at work, and I like it, I still like the way software works. The software allows me to pick any coin and it pops up all my info for it, comments, pictures, cost, and values. I can see up to 4 pictures for one coin without having to click a cursor or scrolling. For me, it's just easier and it's better displayed when I'm showing someone else a specific coin.

I keep all of my records on XL spread sheets. I don't know why you would need to buy a specialized program.

This^

I did write my own MS Access database but that takes a lot of time...I wanted to experience in learning VBA.

Stick with Excel.

jom

The draw of doing it in Excel (or Access, for database enthusiasts) is that it will remain independent of a small developer's decision to discontinue support, which could leave someone with a lot of orphaned work. Plus, the small developer doesn't continue to get paid unless he uses some method to force people to repurchase the software every so often. To do that, he usually introduces 'updates' that generally make the whole thing worse.

There is also the advantage to software is that it has the capabilities to export the entire collection to excel. If you get tired of paying, then you can move it later if you want to.

I use Coin Elite software. I have been using for 2 years. Very user friendly and you can update with current values each year. A lot of different reports can be generated from the software. It comes with a built in photo grading software and you can add photos of your coins in each coins history folder along with any other information related to a particular coin. I have a phone number for the owner. His name is Rick ... 913-642-9401 or Google the website.

It sure is a nice to see the coin values as you grade each coin and place that coin into your inventory. And you can make all the notes you want for that coin. And if you want to, you can place a photo of that coin, obv. and rev. into the coin file as well. You can review that coin and see the mintage of that coin, who you bought it from, date you bought it, cost of the coin and the profit or loss values of that coin or the entire collection. And you can print reports with values from any combination that you can dream of. And the cost is less than $100.00 bucks. Pretty slick software. And the values can be undated each year for a very small fee.

It sure is a nice to see the coin values as you grade each coin and place that coin into your inventory. And you can make all the notes you want for that coin. And if you want to, you can place a photo of that coin, obv. and rev. into the coin file as well. You can review that coin and see the mintage of that coin, who you bought it from, date you bought it, cost of the coin and the profit or loss values of that coin or the entire collection. And you can print reports with values from any combination that you can dream of. And the cost is less than $100.00 bucks. Pretty slick software. And the values can be undated each year for a very small fee.

These features are also available with the CoinManage software. It gives value updates twice a year and you can add up to 4 pictures with each coin. The software cost $40.