• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Generating Reports on the Registry

10 posts in this topic

When I am generating Reports on the Registry, how can I create a list that will automatically give a total on the last page of the report? When I generate reports now, I get totals at the bottom of each page of the report, but not a total of all coins in the report. For example, my collection contains over 100 coins so my reports are 6 pages long. I don't get a total of all six pages on page six, rather I get six separate totals which is not what I want.

Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

Was sort of hoping to learn that NGC could fix the problem or tell us there was a button we were missing. That's why is posted the question here. The other thread just contains our workarounds. While those workaround are helpful, I think we all prefer to see an official software fix.

Sorry to be presumptuous. I thought that the two posts of the same thing might confuse others nor did I know that it needed a software fix. It already does what you want.

Sorry to be presumptuous. . . . . It already does what you want.

No, it really does not. I would like to be able to generate a report that shows a total on the final page. The way it is currently set up I get a total on the bottom of each page of my document, but unfortunately it is not a cumulative total. Members have suggested workarounds where you can download your data from this site to a third party program where the cumulative total can be generated.

If I am mistaken, and there is a way to generate a cumulative total on subsequent pages of your report using the NGC website without having to utilize a third party software, please let me know?

No, it really does not. I would like to be able to generate a report that shows a total on the final page.

If I am mistaken, and there is a way to generate a cumulative total on subsequent pages of your report using the NGC website without having to utilize a third party software, please let me know?

First; would you consider the Web Browser that you are using right now to view this forum a third party software?

I will assume that your answer to that will be no. If it is indeed no then follow these steps and see if that does or does not generate a report, viewable in your browser, that shows the Total at the end in which you can print out if you want to.

Report > Inventory Report > (Do not make any further changes) > Run Report > (look up near the diskreference.jpg and choose Html from the drop down menu) > Choose the Disk Icon previously pictured

Does that not show a report with the total at the end?

You can choose the Icon one further to the left and save that Html file to your desktop (or somewhere on your local computer), name it any thing you wish like test.html, then later double click on that file and it will open in your browser.

The other formats such as Xls or Xlsx are for a spreadsheet so people can further manipulate the data to meet their needs.

Have you ever heard someone say "I am going to create a PDF and run some numbers."?

No. A PDF is not a tool one would want to use to calculate numbers. But you will hear often "I am going to create a spreadsheet and run some numbers."

Any idea how to sort by categories on the inventory report? I can't tell from looking at the print out what category they used to come up with the order for the inventory? Seems random to me, but it would be nice to arrange them by coin type.

Mine does that too and although I have them in my registry in denominational order I haven't taken the time to figure out if it can be applied to the reports.

I will look into a possible way at a later time and if I figure out anything I will make a point to let you know.

• Administrator

CSdot.

Thanks for the question. We recommend that after you export the file, you use a spreadsheet software, such as Excel to calculate and sort data how you wish. In the future, we may develop the basic Collection Manager program further to have more functions.