• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you pay.

20 posts in this topic

So I bought this on a spur of the moment feeling. After I paid I started to think maybe I made a hasty decision.

What would you pay? I'll tell you later what I did pay.

image_zpsca1a47f8.jpg

image_zpsb2f07189.jpg

PR66 is available HERE for $38 buy-it-now price, PR67 that just misses cameo (or a star) is $65 HERE , also buy-it-now.

so the absolute MAX price i would consider for the OP's coin would be somewhere between the 2, but probably closer to the $38.

I have to agree with everyone else, if you paid more than $45 for it, you paid for the opportunity of having a slab with a gold bean.

+1

I have to agree with this.

No one has mentioned the rotated reverse. If those 2 pics go together its a pretty good rotation.

I would have it regraded and add the mint error designation. however then you would looses the gold

bean.

the coin is rotated in the holder slightly, however it looks looks the reverse has alot more rotation than that. One would have to put a ruler on the date to see if there is enough difference to send in. I believe it has to be 15 degrees.

I guess I shouldn't be too upset $43 was my final total. I was thinking $30ish after... When I was buying it I was thinking "great deal!!" After I was thinking "it's not cameo, what was I thinking"

About the same as for the quarter in another thread -- $25 or $30.

I might go a little higher: $35 or $40. Over $50 and you paid too much. IMHO.

P.S. Just saw your post. No worries.

I do not think this would be considered a rotated reverse. Even if there is a slight rotation, and I'm not at all convinced of one, it would not be enough to qualify for a Mint Error.

As others have stated, there is almost no difference in value between PF65 and PF66. Even if the coin is PF67, it is a $75 coin.

$43 is not an unreasonable price. I would probably go $30 cuz I don't really collect proof Franklins, and generic proofs from the 50's seem to have been sliding recently.

You are upside down at most what it costs for dinner at McDonalds...