• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changing my inventory order by denomination?

7 posts in this topic

I've looked and looked and can't find the answer so any help would be appreciated.

How can I organize my inventory by denomination? I like my coins organized from 1/2 cent to $20 gold in that order. When I click on the denomination header it will change the order but in a crazy way that will put the Trade Dollar fist one time, then another time a Morgan. It never just goes right down the list in the order of a type set for example.

Any suggestions? I've even gone through put numbers in comment fields that relate to the value like 1.5 is a flying eagle, 1.60 indian head cent 5.0 shield nickel and so but it never works and the order still gets weird.

Thanks again for any help.

I'l be darned... I messed with that Column Customization last night and could not figure out how to make it work.

As easy as drag and drop! doh!

Thanks Ali and thanks to the OP for asking the question in the first place.. Very Cool!!!

Good Morning.

Thanks for the inquiry. Please click below:

Modify Display Order of Collection Manager

I already found that and tried it and it doesn't work. I am not sure what parameters it uses to put in order but I'm guessing it's alphabetical and numerical which doesn't work when a Trade Dollar is listed a T$1 and a Morgan is S$1. Yet an Eisenhower is $1. It seems to order by character($), then number then letter. So $1 and T$1 is last. Yet also 10c comes before 1c. It's very odd but will not put things in order, at least for me by denomination.

I am working around it by using a field that I never fill in which is the 'Catalog Number' but you could use the 'Composition' or any other field that you don't use and then enter a value there for each of your coins such as .01, .03, .05, .10, .25, .50, 1.00, 10.00, etc....

That has worked for me. I just finished and it took me around 30 to 40 minutes on a total of 121 coins.

Pain in the rear but it sorts by denomination properly now.

• Administrator

Yes, the Collection Manager program does sort alphabetically. We are looking into updating the sort capabilities down the road. If you have further questions, please let us know. Thank you.

I am working around it by using a field that I never fill in which is the 'Catalog Number' but you could use the 'Composition' or any other field that you don't use and then enter a value there for each of your coins such as .01, .03, .05, .10, .25, .50, 1.00, 10.00, etc....

That has worked for me. I just finished and it took me around 30 to 40 minutes on a total of 121 coins.

Pain in the rear but it sorts by denomination properly now.

Thanks. I did that with a custom set in the weight field and it worked great with the numbers I assigned. I tried the same numbers in the catalog field the other day and it didn't work. But my numbers were different that what you used. I basically used 1 for 1c and 2 for 2 c etc. then I broke it down further by type order. Thus 5.0 would be Shield w/rays, 5.01 would shield w/o rays. 5.2 liberty no cents 5.21 liberty cents with the 10th digit always being the new type in that denomination. Worked for weighting but not for catalog. I will try your way. thanks.