• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we post submission results here?

14 posts in this topic

Only 6 coins, part of a larger 3 part submission that went through a dealer, and then I broke down and joined the Collectors Society, and sent off a half a dozen or so more. Just checking before I throw them on here. Nothing spectacular, and kind of where I expected everything to fall. I'll wait for approval wink.gif

Hi Darrin,

Very polite of you to ask. I even posted that once here (after asking). I think it's ok... It's nice that people want to share their coin collecting stories, and submission results is one form of that.

EVP

Two votes of approval are good enough for me. grin.gif

001 1913 TYPE 1 5C MS 65

002 1915 D 5C MS 62

003 1937 D 5C MS 66

004 1938 D BUFFALO 5C MS 66

005 1878 CC S$1 MS 62 PL

006 1890 S S$1 MS 62

Three of the buff's are toned, rather attractively, if I do say so myself. The 15'd came back EXACTLY where I thought it would, which is scary. The two Morgans look better than ms/62, and the 78cc is REAL close to DMPL, that's why it went in. I thought the 90-s was a 63-64, to be honest.

Like I said, nothing crazy. I'm waiting on two other submissions with some better stuff. wink.gif including a nice run of bust/seated half dimes. We'll see. smile.gif

I can't believe that you posted your submissions results here. What is the matter with you? Do you have a death wish?

smile.gif

Were you happy with the results? I assume that they were slabbed by NGC?

EVP

I'm sorry, yes I'm happy with the results. The 1913 is one of those 65/66 coins, I can't argue with the 65 grade. I knew the two common date pieces were gem+, with some attractive color. 66's were expected. The 15-d LOOKS better than 62, but there are some well hidden marks that account for the grade. It's an eye appealing 62. The 90-s has too much going for it to be in a 62 holder. No biggie though. The 78cc looks better than 62 to me also, but I was really shooting for the DMPL designation over the PL. It had a legitimate shot at dmpl. Again, I can't argue with the assigned grades, just about what I expected. Seemed slow though. These were sent in before FUN. Maybe I'm too impatient smile.gif

Submission results posted here. shocked.gifshocked.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I believe that is grounds for being shunned.

Time to go rate you star.gif for this horrible act. tongue.gif

I honestly worry that this place will become like across the street. 100 topics a day of which 95 are:

1) Look at this eBay auction.

2) Look at my submission results.

3) Does anyone know who DCAMFranklin is on eBay? The doopsmeister does...

4) Off Topic:"Yes, I know this is off topic, but I'm too freaking stupid to post this in the Open Forum and I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can buy milk and bread.

5) NGC sucks and they can't grade. PCGS is GOD. My PCGS coins are worth so much more than those NGC coins. It's true. Just ask the dealer that sold them to me.

6) Grade my pocket change.

7) Hey Jim, turn on your PM.

8) Is this coin AT?

9) Hey look, someone is buying an ACG coin.

I've only started 10 or so threads on the other board and Greg managed to list 9 of them shocked.gif

Tough to "liven" up those coins. The buffalo's, except for the 15d, are all attractively toned. I don't have them back yet, so I can't remember the exact color scheme. Nothing monster, just nice color. The Morgans I thought would come back a bit highernot much, maybe a point. It's a tough submission to liven up. I can go back and edit the results to include some fictional "sexy" submissions if you'd like.

smile.gif

Wait till I get my wonderfully toned bust half dimes and 1863-s half dime back. That could be fun, unless of course I receive a bodybag or two. frown.gif

I have a scan of the 90-s. Just can't post it to the board. Anyone bored? smile.gif