• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knoxville TN Coin Show, 40+ Tables, Jan. 31-Feb. 1, 2014, Good Weather!

14 posts in this topic

Smoky Mountain and Fort Loudon coin clubs, Rothchild Catering at Baron Place, 8807 Kingston Pike, Knoxville TN 37923, the building in back of the main shopping area. This is a good show with several major regional dealers who show up year after year, probably about 40 tables in all. It even looks as though the weather will be nice (we hope)! Friday 10 am-6 pm, Saturday 9 am-5 pm.

I hope to see some of my friends on these boards (and others) at the show as usual, and to meet some new folks as well. Please stop by and say hi. Since we missed the BRNA-Dalton GA show last fall due to our health problems, this will be the first show we have done in a year and we have lots of new material! Hope to see you there.

Best Regards,

George

weather is horrible now, hopefully the snow melts, i will be in attendance, just not sure what time, i do have to work 5-10pm, but that shouldnt interfere with anything. The past shows really die down after 1:30pm, i will try to get there around 10 or 10:30am

The forecast high for Friday is 53, Saturday 58, sunny both days! Yay!!!

The weather last year was lousy, we left at 1:30 pm on Saturday because it was starting to snow.

This year will be FAR better! Yes I definitely have some baubles for erwindoc but FYI I will have at the show basically everything listed for sale on our website! Take a look! This is your chance to inspect in person anything you have an interest in. Then on Sunday you can enjoy the SuperBlowout while admiring all of your new numistmatic prizes! Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,

George

George, it was nice to meet you and talk for a little while, the show was much bigger than normal with some interesting pieces here and there. I will try to go to next months show if i can, perhaps see you there

zach

Hi Zach, yeah it was a lot of fun chatting with you too. I don't do the monthly show any more, I used to have to get up at 3:30 a.m. to be down to Knoxville in time to set up by 8 for wholesale business, then pack it all up in the afternoon and drive 2.5 hours back home, just too brutal.

At my age shuffling is about all I get up to any more!

Ah, come on George.........you can do more than that :grin:

Well ... maybe a bit more. I have been known to run a red light or jump to conclusions.

I had a blast! I only get to go to one show per year and since it falls on my birthday, the Knoxville one is an easy request.

You should have told me it was your birthday! I would have given you a birthday present! Oh wait, I did! Anyway Happy Birthday! Don't be a stranger.

Best Regards,

George